external account routing via hmailserver and assp.

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
minsik
Normal user
Normal user

external account routing via hmailserver and assp.

Post by minsik » 2007-09-21 14:33

hi there. at the moment i have 2 methods of email,

1) (outlook express) > several external pop3 email accounts.
Each set up to port 110 for each account.

2) (outlook express) > hmailserver >ASSP > outside world
Each account works on my domain all ok.

However the uestion is. When i setup the account in hmailserver to retrieve external mail it works great but it doesnt appear that the email goes through assp. Normally the header shows it has been processed by assp but in my configuration the external account was straight forward but i am missing something. Its likely it may be inside assp but i am to blind to see how this all works together.

So to recap, i have hmailserver setup om this pc as above with an email address. fred@mydomain.com. I can configure hmail to use external accounts to retrieve email from several accounts except that the email bypasses the ASSP filter. Which by the way input is port 25 and output is 2525 to hmailserver. Is the difference because i am collecting the email and its not actually being sent to fred@mydomain.com?

Hopefully this makes some sort of convuluted sence to someone else.

Thanks.
Windows XP
hmailserver (latest beta allways) (except db versions)
test config, trying to convince the boss to use hmail!
ASSP - front end SPam killer

^DooM^
Site Admin

Post by ^DooM^ » 2007-09-21 16:18

hmail will connect directly to the external account you have specified. hMail is not aware that ASSP exists nor will it route through ASSP. The only spam protection that is run on externally downloaded emails in the current version of hMail is SURBL checking.

minsik
Normal user
Normal user

Post by minsik » 2007-09-22 00:48

thanks for that.. its probably what i thought but looking too deep can confude even oneself!