Use emails from isync stored on folders/docker volumes to be served by hmailserver

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
kama
New user
New user

Use emails from isync stored on folders/docker volumes to be served by hmailserver

Post by kama » 2022-06-22 15:34

I have set up a docker container that runs isync and stores the emails in a folder(s). My plan is to have hmailserver use those folders to get the emails and then serve them to the accounts that have been set up. How can I achieve this (that's if it is even possible) with hmail. This is the first time I am attempting this so please be gentle and direct me in the best way I can get it done. I have attached an image of how the folders are stored as volumes.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-06-11 at 11.04.11.png

kama
New user
New user

Re: Use emails from isync stored on folders/docker volumes to be served by hmailserver

Post by kama » 2022-06-23 15:06

If I got it correctly, i don't think that is what am looking for. They are writing scripts to basically send emails with the contents of a certain folder. What I want to do is get the emails in a folder as saved from isync and have hmail receive them as mail to be accessed through the accounts set up in hmail.

I can also be advised if am wrong.

SorenR
Senior user
Senior user

Re: Use emails from isync stored on folders/docker volumes to be served by hmailserver

Post by SorenR » 2022-06-23 16:15

kama wrote:
2022-06-23 15:06
If I got it correctly, i don't think that is what am looking for. They are writing scripts to basically send emails with the contents of a certain folder. What I want to do is get the emails in a folder as saved from isync and have hmail receive them as mail to be accessed through the accounts set up in hmail.

If iSync can deliver emails directly into an IMAP account on hMailServer then perhaps it will work. Out of the box hMailServer does NOT work with maildirs.
SørenR.

There are two types of people in this world:
1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

palinka
Senior user
Senior user

Post by palinka » 2022-06-24 01:31

kama wrote:
2022-06-23 15:06
If I got it correctly, i don't think that is what am looking for. They are writing scripts to basically send emails with the contents of a certain folder.
Sort of. It only sends NEW items. It monitors the folder for new items and then send them when a new item is placed in the folder. I never tried it with subfolders.
What I want to do is get the emails in a folder as saved from isync and have hmail receive them as mail to be accessed through the accounts set up in hmail.

I think it should work for you but probably some adjustment is necessary for monitoring subfolders.

The main requirement is that the isync messages are all addressed to local users.