SpamAssassin for Windows Version 3.4.1.3x Bugs?

Use this forum for discussions about SpamAssassin and anti-spam in general.
RvdH
Senior user
Senior user

SpamAssassin for Windows Version 3.4.1.3x Bugs?

Post by RvdH » 2016-03-08 09:05

Using the 64-bit version of SpamAssassin for Windows Version 3.4.1.36 on Windows Server 2012 R2 i see a variety of errors in my logfiles, anyone else has similar issues?

Code: Select all

warn: Use of uninitialized value $4 in concatenation (.) or string at Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/URIDNSBL.pm line 1042, <GEN43> line 293.
warn: Use of uninitialized value $3 in concatenation (.) or string at Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/URIDNSBL.pm line 1042, <GEN43> line 293.
warn: Use of uninitialized value $2 in concatenation (.) or string at Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/URIDNSBL.pm line 1042, <GEN43> line 293.
warn: dns: new_dns_packet (domain=...(.sbl.spamhaus.org. type=A class=IN) failed: a domain name contains a null label
warn: dns: new_dns_packet (domain=...(.zen.spamhaus.org. type=A class=IN) failed: a domain name contains a null label

warn: spf: lookup failed: Can't locate object method "new_from_string" via package "Mail::SPF::v2::Record" at Mail/SPF/Server.pm line 526.
warn: spf: lookup failed: Can't locate object method "new_from_string" via package "Mail::SPF::v1::Record" at Mail/SPF/Server.pm line 526.
Last edited by jimimaseye on 2016-05-04 17:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Renamed thread title to cover all 3.4.1
CIDR to RegEx: d-fault.nl/CIDRtoRegEx
DNS Lookup: d-fault.nl/DNSTools
DNSBL Lookup: d-fault.nl/DNSBLLookup
GEOIP Lookup: d-fault.nl/GeoipLookup

percepts
Senior user
Senior user

Re: SpamAssassin for Windows Version 3.4.1.36 Bugs?

Post by percepts » 2016-03-08 09:24

are you using the version of perl that comes with spamassassin or your own installed version. If its the latter then I would suggest you need to install or update your perl modules to make them compatible. But I'd be guessing.

SorenR
Senior user
Senior user

Post by SorenR » 2016-03-08 13:06

RvdH wrote:Using the 64-bit version of SpamAssassin for Windows Version 3.4.1.36 on Windows Server 2012 R2 i see a variety of errors in my logfiles, anyone else has similar issues?

warn: Use of uninitialized value $4 in concatenation (.) or string at Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/URIDNSBL.pm line 1042, <GEN43> line 293.
warn: Use of uninitialized value $3 in concatenation (.) or string at Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/URIDNSBL.pm line 1042, <GEN43> line 293.
warn: Use of uninitialized value $2 in concatenation (.) or string at Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/URIDNSBL.pm line 1042, <GEN43> line 293.
warn: dns: new_dns_packet (domain=...(.sbl.spamhaus.org. type=A class=IN) failed: a domain name contains a null label
warn: dns: new_dns_packet (domain=...(.zen.spamhaus.org. type=A class=IN) failed: a domain name contains a null label

warn: spf: lookup failed: Can't locate object method "new_from_string" via package "Mail::SPF::v2::Record" at Mail/SPF/Server.pm line 526.
warn: spf: lookup failed: Can't locate object method "new_from_string" via package "Mail::SPF::v1::Record" at Mail/SPF/Server.pm line 526.
I tried it out on my 32 bit Windows 10 "test mule" ... I've got a list longer than yours :mrgreen:

test mule = DELL D610 laptop with vanilla Windows 10, no applications, no Perl, no nothin' besides Jam's SPAMassassin.

I downloaded the zip from Jam, unpacked it to C:\SpamAssassin. Ran spamd directly in a DOS box...
SørenR.

“Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.”
― Edmund Burke

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2016-03-08 13:23

5.7 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2016-03-08 13:27

SorenR wrote: I downloaded the zip from Jam, unpacked it to C:\SpamAssassin. Ran spamd directly in a DOS box...
Unpacked or proper windows install?
5.7 on test.
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

RvdH
Senior user
Senior user

Post by RvdH » 2016-03-08 23:23

Is used the 64-bit installer, in the meantime i tried the 32-bit version (also the installer) but same issues there

percepts
Senior user
Senior user

Post by percepts » 2016-03-09 04:00

I have no idea exactly why those errors are happening but as I already said, I suspect its to do with some perl modules not being properly implemented.

See components and plugins section section of http://www.jam-software.de/spamassassin ... p?faq.html

the SPF and URIDNSBL links may be helpful for checking that wahts in SA implementation has actually enabled them and whether you need to copy in the latest .pm or .cf files for them

This stuff should work by default in the install I guess but if its a brand new version maybe there are some glitches in the included perl module that with SA. I'd be guessing about that.

RvdH
Senior user
Senior user

Post by RvdH » 2016-03-11 13:57

I got a reply from JAM support, that should fix the SPF 'new_from_string' issue
This seems to be a bug either in spamassassin itself or within the perl module Itself.
We are working on a fix for that, but may have to wait for an upstream fix as well.

However, there is a workaround for the issue. We've tested the following within our own environment and verified those warnings were solved.
If you would like to apply this (unofficial) patch, please follow those instructions:

1) In a text editor, please open Server.pm. You will find this files within <installation directory>\runtime\lib\Mail\SPF
2) Locate the comment #line 678
3) Above that line please insert the following code patch

sub new_from_string {
		    my $class = shift;
		    my %p     = @_;
		    my $str     = delete $p{string};
		    my $version = delete $p{version};
		    my $ip = $str;
		    use IP::Tools;
		   #    if ( defined $str && inet_pton( AF_INET, $str ) ) {
		    if ( defined $str ) {
		        $version ||= 4;
		        $str = '::' . $str if $version == 6;
		    }
		    else {
		        $version ||= 6;
		        _validate_ip_string( $str, $version );
		    }
		    return $class->new(
		        _integer => IP::Tools::ip_to_int($ip),
		#        _integer => _string_address_to_integer( $str, $version ),
		        version  => $version,
		        %p,
		    );
		}
4) Afterwards, please restart spamd.exe you should no longer receive those entries.

We are going to further investigate that issue and see if it is possible to release an official bugfix.

The other lines you receive are visible due to the fact that we now use a runtime. Those are indeed Warnings, but shall not have any impact on SpamAssassin's analyse at all.

For further questions or assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,
Christoph Klink

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2016-03-11 14:04

Good stuff. (Ive always have useful helpful responses from Jam even when discussing their free version).

What warning messages are they referring to when they say:
The other lines you receive are visible due to the fact that we now use a runtime. Those are indeed Warnings, but shall not have any impact on SpamAssassin's analyse at all.
and where do they appear?
5.7 on test.

RvdH
Senior user
Senior user

Post by RvdH » 2016-03-11 14:04

I guess they are referring to those lines:

I must admit, i have only seen above lines occasionally, and other dns lookups seem to have finished without issues

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2016-03-11 16:33

I still dont buy their response, though. ("visible due to the fact that we now use a runtime. Those are indeed Warnings"). If they are providing a solution, and providing the necessary components, then it should be all working. Otherwise they are effectively saying "we will give you a solution built up of components we put together that dont gell very well". Given that they had a perfectly fine solution before and have only changes the spamassassin base by point 0.0.1 of a version, the introduction of warnings due to compatibilities is purely their responsibility and consequence of their choices.

However, if their analysis is wrong and their choice of runtime is not the cause, then...... :?:
5.7 on test.

SorenR
Senior user
Senior user

Post by SorenR » 2016-03-11 20:23

jimimaseye wrote:I still dont buy their response, though. ("visible due to the fact that we now use a runtime. Those are indeed Warnings"). If they are providing a solution, and providing the necessary components, then it should be all working. Otherwise they are effectively saying "we will give you a solution built up of components we put together that dont gell very well". Given that they had a perfectly fine solution before and have only changes the spamassassin base by point 0.0.1 of a version, the introduction of warnings due to compatibilities is purely their responsibility and consequence of their choices.

However, if their analysis is wrong and their choice of runtime is not the cause, then...... :?:
They changed everything... Perl version/vendor, compiler ... the works ... Not impressed either...
SørenR.

― Edmund Burke

RvdH
Senior user
Senior user

Post by RvdH » 2016-03-12 11:40

Looks like the suggested fix, doesn't fix anything either, it simply disables the Mail::SPF module

debug with and without the 'fix' lines added:

mrt 12 10:15:55.352 [3020] dbg: diag: [...] module not installed: Mail::SPF ('require' failed)

mrt 12 10:32:36.344 [3384] dbg: diag: [...] module installed: Mail::SPF, version v2.009

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2016-03-12 12:01

Shocking. Dont fix the problem within the feature just remove the feature that doesnt work.
5.7 on test.

RvdH
Senior user
Senior user

Post by RvdH » 2016-03-12 12:43

With all due respect, i think they deserve some credit!

I agree with you this 3.4.1 update isn't exactly what we used to get, but come on give them time to fix issues...don't be so negative!
On my 'home' installation i upgraded to SpamAssassin for Windows Version 3.4.1, but on the production server @work, i'll keep using SpamAssassin for Windows Version 3.4.0 for the time being, as this version looks more stable

I'll just gonna wait and hope they get all issues fixed with next update

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2016-03-12 12:57

My problem is that it is a commercially released version of a product, not a 'beta'. As it seems that the errors are not platform or environment specific (for example, Soren installed it on a virgin system and saw similar errors to yours) then it stands that the product was released with these problems apparent. But they should have known about these. So either they didnt know because they didnt test before releasing (shocking) or they did about them and STILL released it. (even more shocking). I just dont think it is excusable - it disgruntles 'customers' and it makes the company look bad. (And given they would prefer you to BUY their Spamassassin In a Box solution, its a bad bad advertisement.)

By the way, did you know that one of the authors of Jams SpamassassinForWindows is on this forum: Harald Binkle: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=44654. Perhaps you could draw his attention and get some thoughts.

His posts: search.php?author_id=44654&sr=posts
5.7 on test.

percepts
Senior user
Senior user

Post by percepts » 2016-03-12 13:31

you get what you paid for it and count yourself lucky.

RvdH
Senior user
Senior user

Post by RvdH » 2016-03-12 13:44

percepts wrote:you get what you paid for it and count yourself lucky.
Exactly...although basic SpamAssassin features like SPF should be tested and working in my opinion

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2016-03-12 14:55

percepts wrote:you get what you paid for it and count yourself lucky.
Yes you do. And consequently so will Jam. No one will buy their 'In A Box' solution because of this flaw and consequently they will get no money. (I didnt pay for their previous version and that worked just fine. So the statement isnt true - "free" doesnt have to mean 'ineffective'. I dont think that MySQL, Google, Yahoo or even the creator of hMailserver will agree with you).
RvdH wrote: Exactly...although basic SpamAssassin features like SPF should be tested and working in my opinion
I agree. Not having an SPF checking function in spamassassin is ludicrous.

What they have done here is like a car company supplying a car with a faulty brake light that incorrectly flashes. Then you have taken it back and to fix it they simply remove the brake light saying "there you go, it now no longer flashes".
5.7 on test.

percepts
Senior user
Senior user

Post by percepts » 2016-03-13 05:58

Why aren't you whiners complaing to the SA development team. Jam didn't write SA, they just wrap it up so it runs on windows.
Why are you installing a just released version anyway. Anyone with an ounce of sense would wait for a good while before installing it. If ain't broke don't try and fix it.

SorenR
Senior user
Senior user

Post by SorenR » 2016-03-13 12:32

percepts wrote:Why aren't you whiners complaing to the SA development team. Jam didn't write SA, they just wrap it up so it runs on windows.
Why are you installing a just released version anyway. Anyone with an ounce of sense would wait for a good while before installing it. If ain't broke don't try and fix it.
SA is not made for Windows... Jam made it run on Windows... Jam is to blame... Frank Underwood for president!
SørenR.

― Edmund Burke

binkle
New user
New user

Post by binkle » 2016-03-14 13:00

Hello together,
first of all thanks to @jimimaseye for pointing to our contact form.
Discussing problems of one of our products in a forum is fine in cases members can help each other.
But complaining about a product or company without contacting them and telling about the problem is some kind of blasphemy.
However, thanks to @RvdH we got to know about the problem and were able to reproduce it on one of our test servers.
We indeed have unit tests testing the main functionality and modules of SpamAssassin for Windows including the SPF module.
None of our usual test machines shows that warning.
Even on the server on which we are able to reproduce, it's not clear when the warning is triggered.
It seems to be triggered for sender having a valid SPF record only, but not in any case.
Today we sent the same message twice through SpamAssassin for Windows on that machine and the first time it processed fine but the second time the warning occurred:

Mon Mar 14 10:02:51 2016 [-12336] info: spamd: connection from Eris.EST-Testlab.lan [127.0.0.1]:54989 to port 783, fd 6
Mon Mar 14 10:02:52 2016 [-12336] info: spamd: processing message <10Y9KGRPVJ_56e63076ce8f6_8f3f3fc1810cd320896c8_sprut@zendesk.com> for (unknown):0
Mon Mar 14 10:02:53 2016 [-12336] info: spamd: clean message (-2.6/4.0) for (unknown):0 in 2.1 seconds, 14809 bytes.
Mon Mar 14 10:02:53 2016 [-12336] info: spamd: result: . -2 - BAYES_00,DEAR_SOMETHING,HTML_FONT_LOW_CONTRAST,HTML_MESSAGE,SP2E_BodyWordWLRule scantime=2.1,size=14809,user=(unknown),uid=0,required_score=4.0,rhost=Eris.EST-Testlab.lan,raddr=127.0.0.1,rport=54989,mid=<10Y9KGRPVJ_56e63076ce8f6_8f3f3fc1810cd320896c8_sprut@xxxx.com>,bayes=0.000000,autolearn=no autolearn_force=no,shortcircuit=no
Mon Mar 14 10:02:53 2016 [4192] info: prefork: child states: III
[…]
Mon Mar 14 10:02:58 2016 [-12336] info: spamd: connection from Eris.EST-Testlab.lan [127.0.0.1]:55000 to port 783, fd 6
Mon Mar 14 10:02:59 2016 [-12336] info: spamd: processing message <10Y9KGRPVJ_56e63076ce8f6_8f3f3fc1810cd320896c8_sprut@zendesk.com> for (unknown):0
Mon Mar 14 10:03:00 2016 [-12336] warn: spf: lookup failed: Can't locate object method "new_from_string" via package "Mail::SPF::v2::Record" at Mail/SPF/Server.pm line 526.
Mon Mar 14 10:03:01 2016 [-12336] info: spamd: clean message (-0.5/4.0) for (unknown):0 in 2.6 seconds, 15218 bytes.
Mon Mar 14 10:03:01 2016 [-12336] info: spamd: result: . 0 - BAYES_00,DEAR_SOMETHING,HTML_FONT_LOW_CONTRAST,HTML_MESSAGE,SP2E_BodyWordWLRule,TVD_RCVD_SINGLE scantime=2.6,size=15218,user=(unknown),uid=0,required_score=4.0,rhost=Eris.EST-Testlab.lan,raddr=127.0.0.1,rport=55000,mid=<10Y9KGRPVJ_56e63076ce8f6_8f3f3fc1810cd320896c8_sprut@xxxx.com>,bayes=0.000000,autolearn=no autolearn_force=no,shortcircuit=no
Mon Mar 14 10:03:01 2016 [4192] info: prefork: child states: III
@RvdH: the quick patch (unofficial) we suggested worked on our test machine. Although we meanwhile got positive feedback of two further customers who successfully applied it, the patch is still an unofficial patch to be tested in further environments.

We are still investigating this issue and will inform you as soon as we found a proper solution.
Exchange Server Toolbox | SmartPOP2Exchange | SpamAssassin in a Box
----------------------------------------------------
http://www.jam-software.com

binkle
New user
New user

Post by binkle » 2016-03-14 13:37

Regarding to those other warnings, only visible when starting SpamAssassin or spamd from console but not stated in any SpamAssassin log files:
These warnings are warnings from the perl runtime. They exist in SpamAssassin for Windows from time immemorial.
You simply haven't seen them before because the previous versions have been pre-compiled using activestate perl to exe compiler.
Since we are starting the perl runtime and no longer pre-compile these warnings can be found in the console output.
Previously they only occurred during our compilation process.

binkle
New user
New user

Post by binkle » 2016-03-14 13:39

We haven't been able to reproduce these warnings yet.
Please contact us directly (https://www.jam-software.de/customers/c ... anguage=EN)
and if possible provide some example messages for triggering the issue.

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2016-03-14 13:47

binkle wrote:Regarding to those other warnings, only visible when starting SpamAssassin or spamd from console but not stated in any SpamAssassin log files:
These warnings are warnings from the perl runtime. They exist in SpamAssassin for Windows from time immemorial.
You simply haven't seen them before because the previous versions have been pre-compiled using activestate perl to exe compiler.
Since we are starting the perl runtime and no longer pre-compile these warnings can be found in the console output.
Previously they only occurred during our compilation process.
Thanks for the response, Harald. May I ask if you will remain 'notified' and keep an eye on this thread for the near future (and use of to feedback to our users)?
5.7 on test.

binkle
New user
New user

Post by binkle » 2016-03-14 14:40

Hi,
yes, since we now know about this thread I'll keep an eye on it.
Not having an SPF checking function in spamassassin is ludicrous.
What they have done here is like a car company supplying a car with a faulty brake light that incorrectly flashes.
Nice comparison, but SPF is really overrated.
Have a look at the default scores of the SPF rules:

C:\ProgramData\JAM Software\spamdService\sa-rules\updates_spamassassin_org\50_scores.cf (21 hits)
	Line 772: score SPF_NONE 0
	Line 773: score SPF_HELO_NONE 0
	Line 774: score SPF_PASS -0.001
	Line 775: score SPF_HELO_PASS -0.001
	Line 777: score SPF_FAIL 0 0.919 0 0.001 # n=0 n=2
	Line 778: score SPF_HELO_FAIL 0 0.001 0 0.001 # n=0 n=2
	Line 779: score SPF_HELO_NEUTRAL 0 0.001 0 0.112 # n=0 n=2
	Line 780: score SPF_HELO_SOFTFAIL 0 0.896 0 0.732 # n=0 n=2
	Line 781: score SPF_NEUTRAL 0 0.652 0 0.779 # n=0 n=2
	Line 782: score SPF_SOFTFAIL 0 0.972 0 0.665 # n=0 n=2
	Line 784: endif # Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SPF
C:\ProgramData\JAM Software\spamdService\sa-rules\updates_spamassassin_org\72_scores.cf (3 hits)
	Line 66: score FROM_MISSP_SPF_FAIL                   0.001 1.000 0.001 1.000
	Line 161: score TO_EQ_FM_DOM_SPF_FAIL                 0.001 0.001 0.001 0.001
	Line 162: score TO_EQ_FM_SPF_FAIL                     0.001 0.001 0.001 0.001
Most SPF rules are scored to zero by default. Then consider when the scoring SPF rules for failures apply.
Such a check will only match when the sender domain has a valid SPF record and the spammer fakes the sender address to that domain.
This is a very rare case because most domains still don't have SPF records and spammer are aware of this.
Search your spamd logs for "SPF". How many hits do you find and how many of them are really SPF failing rules?
Counting the SPF matches in our logs of our productive server (regarding the last 10000 messages) shows me about 800 SPF rule matches and all matches are SPF_PASS.

SorenR
Senior user
Senior user

Post by SorenR » 2016-03-14 15:03

Not exactly the SPF module but...

All scores set to 0.0 for testing - until I found out that 3.4.1 do not run on W2K3 Server and the code below do not work on 3.4.0... :roll:

ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::AskDNS

askdns   SR_SPF_PASS_ALL _SENDERDOMAIN_ TXT /^v=spf1 .+\+all$/
   describe SR_SPF_PASS_ALL SPF set to +all!
   score    SR_SPF_PASS_ALL 0.0

askdns   SR_SPF_FAIL_ALL _SENDERDOMAIN_ TXT /^v=spf1 .+\-all$/
   describe SR_SPF_FAIL_ALL SPF set to -all!
   score    SR_SPF_FAIL_ALL 0.0

askdns   SR_SPF_SOFTFAIL_ALL _SENDERDOMAIN_ TXT /^v=spf1 .+\~all$/
   describe SR_SPF_SOFTFAIL_ALL SPF set to ~all!
   score    SR_SPF_SOFTFAIL_ALL 0.0

askdns   SR_SPF_NEUTRAL_ALL _SENDERDOMAIN_ TXT /^v=spf1 .+\?all$/
   describe SR_SPF_NEUTRAL_ALL SPF set to ?all!
   score    SR_SPF_NEUTRAL_ALL 0.0

endif
It's only a question of HOW you use the SPF information 8)
SørenR.

― Edmund Burke

SorenR
Senior user
Senior user

Post by SorenR » 2016-03-14 15:20

BTW... It won't work anyway... Reply-To header (envelope sender) is not available in raw email when sent to SA by hMailServer...

OH and... DO NOT save message in event "OnSMTPData" .... Just a friendly advice... Took me several hours editing RAW emails to fix problem...

Last edited by SorenR on 2016-03-14 15:27, edited 1 time in total.
SørenR.

― Edmund Burke

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2016-03-14 15:26

SorenR wrote:BTW... It won't work anyway... Reply-To header (envelope sender) is not available in raw email when sent to SA by hMailServer...

This shouldnt be a consideration for deciding whether to use SPF or not as:

a, this statement is only true for DIRECT smtp deliveries - External Download mails work fine and do possess the necessary fields
b, we should be looking outside of Hmailserver-specific environment as we are talking about SA software (therefore the discussion should remain independent).
5.7 on test.

RvdH
Senior user
Senior user

Post by RvdH » 2016-03-14 15:30

SorenR wrote:BTW... It won't work anyway... Reply-To header (envelope sender) is not available in raw email when sent to SA by hMailServer...
Return-Path you mean?

RvdH
Senior user
Senior user

Post by RvdH » 2016-03-14 15:34

I agree SPF by itself is not that imprtant, but you could write some good working custom rules when SPF is available & working

For example (this rule needs hmailserver to add Return-Path header as mentioned here)

# Domains:
# abnamro.nl 
# nl.abnamro.com
describe PHISH_FROM_ABNAMRO        Trigger on phishing mails
header   PHISH_FROM_ABNAMRO        From:addr =~ /\@(abnamro\.nl|nl\.abnamro\.com)$/i
score    PHISH_FROM_ABNAMRO        2.0

describe UNPHISH_FROM_ABNAMRO      Untrigger on valid mails
header   __UNPHISH_FROM_ABNAMRO_A  Return-Path:addr =~ /\@(abnamro\.nl|nl\.abnamro\.com)$/i
meta     UNPHISH_FROM_ABNAMRO      ( __UNPHISH_FROM_ABNAMRO_A && SPF_PASS )
score    UNPHISH_FROM_ABNAMRO      -2.0

mattg

Post by mattg » 2016-03-14 15:58

binkle wrote:... but SPF is really overrated
Because we (mail admins) don't treat it right.

I firmly believe that all spf records that end in '+all' (Neutral) or '~all' (soft fail) should be changed to -all before the spf tests are run.

In fact, I'd happily score very high the '+all' domains just for them being belligerent.
Same for a '~all' that is more than a few weeks old. "~all' is intended only for testing.

SPF could be a great help.
Yes I know that spammers ensure that they only use domains that they will get a SPF pass in...that's the problem.

We have other SPF issues here (with hMailserver) in that we should be able to bypass greylisting on SOME SPF records, not all - but that is our (my!!) issue, not yours.
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

superman20
New user
New user

Post by superman20 » 2016-03-21 02:54

I just recently installed the new SpamAssassin from Jam Software today and also had the same problems. When I looked into, it appears to me that Jam Software may not be installing all the necessary files in the runtime folder. For example, most of the errors come from Mail::SPF::v1::Record or Mail::SPF::v2::Record. However, v1::Record or v2::Record aren't even installed (just the base class Record is installed). I downloaded Mail::SPF from CPAN and noticed that folders Mech, Mod, v1, and v2 and files Mech.pm, Mod.pm, SenderIPAddrMech.pm and Term.pm in folder \runtime\lib\Mail\SPF are missing. Once I put all these files and folders back into runtime, all my problems went away and I've not had issues for over 24 hours now (and I was getting them VERY frequently before...every 3rd message, on average).

Perl isn't really my forte so I'm hoping binkle can comment on this situation. From my examination and basic understanding of Perl (as I'm really a C++ programmer), it does seem that the missing files are actually required. Is Jam Software only including the files they feel like SpamAssassin has a dependency on? If so, the process for determining dependency may need to be looked at. Also, for a self-contained project like Mail::SPF, I'm not sure why you'd selectively exclude files anyway?

I also noticed that other modules also have "missing" files. For example, I use another plugin with SpamAssassin and I had to install File::Temp from Strawberry to get the plugin to function correctly. Perhaps there is a performance benefit to not including all of the Strawberry Perl runtime files???

Please don't take my post negatively. Unlike some other posters in this thread, I greatly appreciate the effort that has gone into making a working Windows version of SpamAssassin. I don't think people realize what a mess SpamAssassin is (from a development perspective....it's functionality is fine, IF you can make it work on whatever platform you like). Some folks have complained about the changes they've made. In my opinion, the changes they've made are necessary to make a maintainable version of SpamAssassin and will yield a better product once all the glitches are worked out. Getting SpamAssassin to run on Windows with all of the modules they provide by default is NOT easy. Jam Software...I applaud your efforts...especially making a free version!!!! Well done.

binkle
New user
New user

Post by binkle » 2016-03-22 14:49

Hello togehter,
we further investigated the issue with Mail::SPF and would
like to provide another patch to you.

We’ve assembled a ZIP file containing a few files which in fact are the patch.
Please extract the content of that file to

C:\Program Files (x86)\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime \lib\Mail\SPF
replacing any of the already present files.
Please find the download of the patch (SPF.zip 32.5 KB) within:

http://fileshare.jam-software.de/share. ... id=00YxdK1
(This link is valid for 30 days)

Please report back to us whether this resolves the issue for you too.
This patch will be included in the next release of SpamAssassin for Windows.

------------------------------
Regarding to those other reported warnings:

warn: uridnsbl: lookup_dnsbl_for_ip $ip: 162.144.13.10 at Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/URIDNSBL.pm line 
We are still investigating, but it looks like this is an parsing error of the new SpamAssassin version having problems wot parse IP addresses of certain received headers.

Best regards,

Harald

superman20
New user
New user

Post by superman20 » 2016-03-22 20:23

Jam Software...thank you for the update/patch. It is consistent with my findings and obviously works for me.

Now on to other issues. The default installed UpdateChannels.txt file includes the channel "90_2tld.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net". It is my understanding that this channel is now obsolete and has been replaced by the regular SpamAssassin update in 20_aux_tlds.cf. I have yet to successfully download anything from "90_2tld.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net". I'm not 100% certain it is deprecated so I'd appreciate any input from Jam Software or others who know more about this channel. For now, I am removing it from my Update Channel List.

binkle
New user
New user

Post by binkle » 2016-03-23 09:25

Hi,
thanks for the feedback.
You are absolutely right. 90_2tld.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net seems no longer to exists.
We already removed it for the next versions.

Greetings
Harald

binkle
New user
New user

Post by binkle » 2016-03-23 09:57

:arrow:
We need you help!
:?:

Unfortunatelly we are not able to reproduce these warnings:

on any of our machines.
One customer is also able to reproduce it, and it looks like it's a parsing error of the new SpamAssassin version.
If someone experiencing these warnings too it would be great if he can verify that.
Could you please do the following steps?
- open the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\lib\Mail\SpamAssassin\Plugin\URIDNSBL.pm" With any text editor (like notepad++)
- navigate to the line 767
- insert the line

warn "uridnsbl: lookup_dnsbl_for_ip \$ip: $ip";
Then it should look like this:
(This link is valid for 7 days)

- Save the file
- Restart spamd

You will get further warnings in the log telling the IP address to be checked against DNSBL for each message.
It would be great get some further logs showing the original warnings AND the new one together with the message triggering those:

lookup_dnsbl_for_ip $ip: 205.251.198.207 at Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/URIDNSBL.pm line 1039.
Thu Mar 17 11:31:21 2016 [-2876] warn: uridnsbl: lookup_dnsbl_for_ip $ip: 205.251.192.85 at Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/URIDNSBL.pm line 1039.
Thu Mar 17 11:31:21 2016 [-2876] warn: uridnsbl: lookup_dnsbl_for_ip $ip: ( at Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/URIDNSBL.pm line 1039.
Thu Mar 17 11:31:21 2016 [-2876] warn: Use of uninitialized value $4 in concatenation (.) or string at Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/URIDNSBL.pm line 1042.
Thu Mar 17 11:31:21 2016 [-2876] warn: Use of uninitialized value $3 in concatenation (.) or string at Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/URIDNSBL.pm line 1042.
Thu Mar 17 11:31:21 2016 [-2876] warn: Use of uninitialized value $2 in concatenation (.) or string at Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/URIDNSBL.pm line 1042.
Thu Mar 17 11:31:21 2016 [-2876] warn: dns: new_dns_packet (domain=...(.sbl.spamhaus.org. type=A class=IN) failed: a domain name contains a null label
Thu Mar 17 11:31:21 2016 [-2876] warn: dns: new_dns_packet (domain=...(.zen.spamhaus.org. type=A class=IN) failed: a domain name contains a null label
You may see that SpamAssassin seems to extract an IP address which is no IP address, it's an bracket "(" (third line). This causes the known warnings.

Greetings
Harald

RvdH
Senior user
Senior user

Post by RvdH » 2016-03-23 12:21

Hii Harald,

I have send you some log entries and messages triggering these errors, i just now added your mentioned line 'warn "uridnsbl: lookup_dnsbl_for_ip \$ip: $ip";' in URIDNSBL.pm
I'll report back to you once i receive another entry of such mail

rudi_ratlos
New user
New user

Post by rudi_ratlos » 2016-03-26 15:06

I have downloaded today Spamassassin and tried your batch (http://fileshare.jam-software.de/share. ... id=00YxdK1) on a Windows 2008 R2 Server and the result has been still the same like before. The actual messages are:

C:\Programme\jam software\SpamAssassin for Windows>spamd
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_ADDRCONFIG () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
eval {...} called at .\runtime\spamd line 74
main::BEGIN() called at .\runtime\spamd line 245
eval {...} called at .\runtime\spamd line 245
Constant subroutine main::EAI_SOCKTYPE redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_SOCKTYPE () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_NODATA redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_NODATA () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_AGAIN redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_AGAIN () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_NONAME redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_NONAME () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_BADHINTS () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::AI_NUMERICHOST redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_NUMERICHOST () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_V4MAPPED () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_FAIL redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_FAIL () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_SERVICE redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_SERVICE () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_ALL () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_FAMILY redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_FAMILY () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_NUMERICSERV () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_PROTOCOL () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::AI_PASSIVE redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_PASSIVE () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::NI_DGRAM redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::NI_DGRAM () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_SYSTEM () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_ADDRFAMILY () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::NI_NUMERICHOST redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::NI_NUMERICHOST () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::NI_NUMERICSERV redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::NI_NUMERICSERV () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::NI_NAMEREQD redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::NI_NAMEREQD () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::NI_NOFQDN redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::NI_NOFQDN () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::AI_CANONNAME redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_CANONNAME () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_BADFLAGS redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_BADFLAGS () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Mar 26 13:48:45.279 [9960] info: spamd: server started on IO::Socket::IP [::1]:7
83, IO::Socket::IP [127.0.0.1]:783 (running version 3.4.1)
Mar 26 13:48:45.279 [9960] info: spamd: server pid: 9960
Mar 26 13:48:45.468 [9960] info: spamd: server successfully spawned child process, pid -12044
Mar 26 13:48:45.634 [9960] info: spamd: server successfully spawned child process, pid -1512
Mar 26 13:48:45.635 [9960] info: prefork: child states: IS
Mar 26 13:48:45.635 [9960] info: prefork: child states: II

rudi_ratlos
New user
New user

Post by rudi_ratlos » 2016-03-26 15:22

Installing as a service brings the following errors - service paused:
Constant subroutine main::NI_NUMERICHOST redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
eval {...} called at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 74
main::BEGIN() called at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 245
eval {...} called at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 245
Prototype mismatch: sub main::NI_NUMERICHOST () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
eval {...} called at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 74
main::BEGIN() called at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 245
eval {...} called at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 245
Constant subroutine main::NI_NOFQDN redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::NI_NOFQDN () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_SYSTEM () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_SERVICE redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_SERVICE () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_ADDRFAMILY () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::NI_NAMEREQD redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::NI_NAMEREQD () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_NONAME redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_NONAME () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_NUMERICSERV () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_NODATA redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_NODATA () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::AI_NUMERICHOST redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_NUMERICHOST () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::NI_DGRAM redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::NI_DGRAM () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::NI_NUMERICSERV redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::NI_NUMERICSERV () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::AI_CANONNAME redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_CANONNAME () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::AI_PASSIVE redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_PASSIVE () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_BADHINTS () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_FAIL redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_FAIL () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_ALL () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_ADDRCONFIG () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_SOCKTYPE redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_SOCKTYPE () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_V4MAPPED () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_AGAIN redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_AGAIN () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_FAMILY redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_FAMILY () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_BADFLAGS redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_BADFLAGS () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_PROTOCOL () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Can't locate File/Temp.pm in @INC (you may need to install the File::Temp module) (@INC contains: C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\lib .) at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 1137.
Constant subroutine main::AI_PASSIVE redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_PASSIVE () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::NI_DGRAM redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::NI_DGRAM () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::AI_CANONNAME redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_CANONNAME () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_SOCKTYPE redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_SOCKTYPE () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::NI_NOFQDN redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::NI_NOFQDN () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_V4MAPPED () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_SYSTEM () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_FAIL redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_FAIL () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_ADDRCONFIG () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::NI_NUMERICSERV redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::NI_NUMERICSERV () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_BADHINTS () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::AI_NUMERICHOST redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_NUMERICHOST () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_ADDRFAMILY () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_ALL () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_PROTOCOL () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_AGAIN redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_AGAIN () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_FAMILY redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_FAMILY () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_BADFLAGS redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_BADFLAGS () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_NODATA redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_NODATA () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_NUMERICSERV () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_NONAME redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_NONAME () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::NI_NUMERICHOST redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::NI_NUMERICHOST () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_SERVICE redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_SERVICE () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::NI_NAMEREQD redefined at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::NI_NAMEREQD () vs none at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Can't locate File/Temp.pm in @INC (you may need to install the File::Temp module) (@INC contains: C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\lib .) at C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\spamd line 1137.

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2016-03-26 15:23

Have you read and tried this : viewtopic.php?p=184590#p184590 ?
5.7 on test.

RvdH
Senior user
Senior user

Post by RvdH » 2016-03-26 15:30

@jimimaseye
Doubt the above will help for all these errors he is getting, these seem not related to uridnsbl lookups but more as complete installation failure

@rudi_ratlos

CH-Systems
New user
New user

Post by CH-Systems » 2016-03-31 13:05

Hi guys, I'm getting these error messages, too. :(

But, from the beginning:
At first I couldn't start spamd.exe (Parameters: -l --ipv4-only --round-robin -x -s D:\Work_Win\hMailServer\Logs\spamd.log) after upgrading from SpamAssassin for Windows x86 v3.4.0.30 to x64 v3.4.1.36 (used Setup, not zip)
Solution: Had to download File::Temp module and put it to \SpamAssassin for Windows\lib\File\Temp.pm

I also removed old ActivePerl and replaced it with Strawberry Perl v5.22.1.3-64bit (according to new 64-bit SpamAssasin).
My server is running on Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP1 and recent Windows Updates.

Now spamd will start without abort. But when started there are these error messages shown.

Constant subroutine main::EAI_SOCKTYPE redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_SOCKTYPE () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_BADFLAGS redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_BADFLAGS () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_FAMILY redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_FAMILY () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::NI_NUMERICHOST redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::NI_NUMERICHOST () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_ADDRCONFIG () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::AI_CANONNAME redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_CANONNAME () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::NI_NAMEREQD redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::NI_NAMEREQD () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_NUMERICSERV () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_BADHINTS () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_NODATA redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_NODATA () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_V4MAPPED () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_SYSTEM () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_SERVICE redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_SERVICE () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_ADDRFAMILY () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_PROTOCOL () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::AI_PASSIVE redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_PASSIVE () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_ALL () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_FAIL redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_FAIL () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_NONAME redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_NONAME () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::NI_NOFQDN redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::NI_NOFQDN () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::NI_DGRAM redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::NI_DGRAM () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::NI_NUMERICSERV redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::NI_NUMERICSERV () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::EAI_AGAIN redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::EAI_AGAIN () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Constant subroutine main::AI_NUMERICHOST redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.
Prototype mismatch: sub main::AI_NUMERICHOST () vs none at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.

Mar 31 12:38:39.006 [3892] error: Can't locate loadable object for module Geo::IP in @INC (@INC contains: D:\Work_Win\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\lib .\runtime\lib D:/Work_Win/SpamAssassin for Windows/lib .) at Geo/IP.pm line 42.

Mar 31 12:38:51.638 [3892] info: spamd: server started on IO::Socket::IP [127.0.0.1]:783 (running version 3.4.1-chs)
Mar 31 12:38:51.640 [3892] info: spamd: server pid: 3892
Mar 31 12:38:52.204 [3892] info: spamd: server successfully spawned child process, pid -816

After this, spamd runs kind of normal and is working as expected when hMailServer is connecting to spamd - like with the "Test" button:

Thu Mar 31 12:41:04 2016 [-816] info: spamd: identified spam (1004.5/5.0) for (unknown):0 in 1.1 seconds, 109 bytes.
Thu Mar 31 12:41:04 2016 [-816] info: spamd: result: Y 1004 - GTUBE,MISSING_DATE,MISSING_HEADERS,MISSING_MID,MISSING_SUBJECT,NO_HEADERS_MESSAGE,NO_RECEIVED,NO_RELAYS,TVD_SPACE_RATIO scantime=1.1,size=109,user=(unknown),uid=0,required_score=5.0,rhost=CHS-MailGate.chs.netz,raddr=127.0.0.1,rport=55431,mid=(unknown),autolearn=no autolearn_force=no,shortcircuit=no
Regards,
Andy

RvdH
Senior user
Senior user

Post by RvdH » 2016-03-31 21:33

You are aware Strawberry Perl v5.22 is included in SpamAssassin? Maybe these errors are caused by the fact you installed Strawberry Perl v5.22 alongside SpamAssassin

eddiex666
New user
New user

Post by eddiex666 » 2016-03-31 23:09

Hi,

I have the same errors....
I have a windows 2008 R2 64 bit server and used the installar package for 64 bit os.
when i start spamd.exe i see alot of warnings.
as it stops and the SA runs as normal, i think....

I think it can be something to do with IPv6? the line 74 referes to something with IPv6 , but I dont know...

1. Is there any1 that have some ide about the error?, and how to fix it?

2. and for the most important... does SA run 100% as normal?

3. is there any GUI that I can use to configurate SA?

Tnx, Eddie

eddiex666
New user
New user

Post by eddiex666 » 2016-04-01 07:09

And the errors is:
Constant subroutine main::NI_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX redefined at .\runtime\spamd line 78, <FILE> line 3.

CH-Systems
New user
New user

Post by CH-Systems » 2016-04-01 09:01

RvdH wrote:You are aware Strawberry Perl v5.22 is included in SpamAssassin? Maybe these errors are caused by the fact you installed Strawberry Perl v5.22 alongside SpamAssassin
I've had an error on running spamd.exe the first time after upgrading that it couldn't find Perl in the root folder \Strawberry\ on the drive. So I thought I had to download and install Strawberry Perl there first - which seemed to solve the problem.

Now after considering your post, I uninstalled Strawberry Perl and tested spamd.exe again. Now it obviously works with "built-in" Strawberry. weird
But, the error messages I posted above are still there. :roll:

btw: Does anyone know how to fix that Geo::IP module error?
Regards,
Andy

comp1mp
New user
New user

Post by comp1mp » 2016-04-01 17:41

I wish I had found this subforum and thread prior to reading jimimaseys tutorial on setting up SpamAssassin.

Just to add, outside of all of the warnings discussed, I have found that the use of --round-robin flag causes a runtime exception.
This is on a clean OS with no prior PERL frameworks installed.
Both x86 and x64 installer produced the same results.
Windows 10 x64
Windows Server 2008 R2 x64

spamd -l -s "C:\logs\spamd.log" --round-robin --timeout-child=85
Here is the tail end of my output. I saw the last line in several of the outputs posted here, but they all continued with execution. Execution stopped for me here.

{...}
Can't locate File/Temp.pm in @INC (you may need to install the File::Temp module) (@INC contains: C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\lib .\runtime\lib .) at .\runtime\spamd line 1137.
Changing the command line to the following and the server fired up (still with a lot of Prototype Mismatches etc...)

spamd -l -s "C:\logs\spamd.log" --timeout-child=85
I just wanted to add my experience to help Jam in troubleshooting. I agree with other thread contributors and extend many thanks to Jam software for what they have done!

comp1mp
New user
New user

Post by comp1mp » 2016-04-01 17:50

Also Mr. Binkle,

Please kindly request that Jam make older versions available for download from their site.
It would really help in situations where newer versions are stabilizing.

Thanks!

eddiex666
New user
New user

Post by eddiex666 » 2016-04-02 18:15

Do anyone found the link to older versions?
I didnt find it on there webpage.

Eddie

SorenR
Senior user
Senior user

Post by SorenR » 2016-04-02 22:48

eddiex666 wrote:Do anyone found the link to older versions?

Eddie
https://fossies.org/windows/mail/SpamAs ... Setup.exe/
SørenR.

― Edmund Burke

CH-Systems
New user
New user

Post by CH-Systems » 2016-04-04 09:00

comp1mp wrote:

spamd -l -s "C:\logs\spamd.log" --round-robin --timeout-child=85
Here is the tail end of my output. I saw the last line in several of the outputs posted here, but they all continued with execution. Execution stopped for me here.

{...}
Can't locate File/Temp.pm in @INC (you may need to install the File::Temp module) (@INC contains: C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\lib .\runtime\lib .) at .\runtime\spamd line 1137.
Solution: Download File::Temp module and put the "Temp.pm" to path ..\SpamAssassin for Windows\lib\File\
Regards,
Andy

SebSebsensen
New user
New user

Post by SebSebsensen » 2016-04-16 11:15

SorenR wrote:
eddiex666 wrote:Do anyone found the link to older versions?

Eddie
https://fossies.org/windows/mail/SpamAs ... Setup.exe/
Hello there,
I was also searching for an older version (to be exact. 3.4.0.30), unfortunately the one at fossies has meanwhile been replaced by 3.4.1
Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
S.

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2016-04-16 14:23

5.7 on test.

SebSebsensen
New user
New user

Post by SebSebsensen » 2016-04-16 14:26

Super, vielen Dank!

Falls das noch jemand anders benutzen will: lt. Hersteller ist ein Speicherleck bekannt, weswegen der Service regelmäßig (per Task) neugestartet werden soll. Einer der Gründe warum man lieber die neue Version nehmen sollte, aber manchmal hat man eben keine Wahl.

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2016-04-16 14:54

Dont know what you said (english please) but if translator is correct your are suggesting the latest version doesnt have the memory leak where the previous versions do: well, the latest version DOES still have the memory leak (apparently) - http://www.jam-software.com/spamassassin/changes.shtml.
Known issue: Due to a memory leak in the SpamAssassin Daemon (SpamD), a periodical reboot of the process is required. For professional use we recommend our service-based solution "SpamAssassin in a Box".
In any case it shouldnt matter because the DAILY spamassassin definition update you should be doing should involve stopping and restarting the service anyway. So the 'threat' of an apparent memory leak should be irrelevant in any of the versions.
5.7 on test.

SebSebsensen
New user
New user

Post by SebSebsensen » 2016-04-16 14:58

jimimaseye wrote:Dont know what you said (english please) but if translator is correct your are suggesting the latest version doesnt have the memory leak where the previous versions do: well, the latest version DOES still have the memory leak (apparently) - http://www.jam-software.com/spamassassin/changes.shtml.
Known issue: Due to a memory leak in the SpamAssassin Daemon (SpamD), a periodical reboot of the process is required. For professional use we recommend our service-based solution "SpamAssassin in a Box".
In any case it shouldnt matter because the DAILY spamassassin definition update you should be doing should involve stopping and restarting the service anyway. So the 'threat' of an apparent memory leak should be irrelevant in any of the versions.
Oh sorry, i got confused with the forums i had open, damn.
As it won't allow me to edit my post anymore: It's exactly as you said :-)

klink
New user
New user

Post by klink » 2016-05-04 08:41

Hello together,

first of all: Many thanks to all of you for your valuable feedback, your readiness to
test our solutions as well as your patience.

As you may have noticed, we released a bugfix release (3.4.1.37) on 03/20/2016
fixing those issues you've mentioned here as well as a few passed to us by other
customers. As always, you may download that bugfix release from our website
http://www.jam-software.com/spamassassin

We understand that some of you preferr to stick with the prior version for some
time or would like to rollback their installation. Please contact us via email or the
contact form on our website and we will provide an download for you directly
from within our own infrastructure.
Please note that we regard V 3.4.0 outdated and will only provide it as-is, so
no new features or security fixes will be applied.

Best regards
Christoph Klink
SpamAssassin for Windows | SpamAssassin in a Box
--------------------------------------------------

CH-Systems
New user
New user

Post by CH-Systems » 2016-05-04 09:01

Thanks for that update! :D It eliminated all the annoying errors on spamd startup.

The only error that's left at my installation is this one:

Can't locate loadable object for module Geo::IP in @INC (@INC contains: D:\Work_Win\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\lib D:/Work_Win/SpamAssassin for Windows/lib .) at Geo/IP.pm line 42.
Maybe someone has a hint for me what I can do to solve that error as well? :wink:
Regards,
Andy

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2016-05-04 10:05

Well chaps.....

..Binkle and Klink - thanks for your work so far and thanks for the update on the latest release Klink.

I have just done an install of this latest version from scratch (following my install guide viewtopic.php?f=21&t=28133). It should be noted the system I installed it on to was virgin to Spamassassin (it didnt exist before).

And I can confirm that I have NO errors showing.[/size]

Install
Enable in HMS
Press TEST button (in HMS)

Log results:
[code]Wed May 4 09:34:19 2016 [5472] info: spamd: server started on IO::Socket::IP [::1]:783, IO::Socket::IP [127.0.0.1]:783 (running version 3.4.1)
Wed May 4 09:34:19 2016 [5472] info: spamd: server pid: 5472
Wed May 4 09:34:19 2016 [5472] info: spamd: server successfully spawned child process, pid -13308
Wed May 4 09:36:48 2016 [-13308] info: spamd: connection from Sammy [127.0.0.1]:60272 to port 783, fd 7
Wed May 4 09:36:48 2016 [-13308] info: spamd: processing message (unknown) for (unknown):0
Wed May 4 09:36:49 2016 [5472] info: spamd: server successfully spawned child process, pid -11932
Wed May 4 09:36:49 2016 [-13308] info: spamd: identified spam (1004.5/5.0) for (unknown):0 in 0.8 seconds, 109 bytes.
Wed May 4 09:36:49 2016 [-13308] info: spamd: result: Y 1004 - GTUBE,MISSING_DATE,MISSING_HEADERS,MISSING_MID,MISSING_SUBJECT,NO_HEADERS_MESSAGE,NO_RECEIVED,NO_RELAYS,TVD_SPACE_RATIO scantime=0.8,size=109,user=(unknown),uid=0,required_score=5.0,rhost=Sammy,raddr=127.0.0.1,rport=60272,mid=(unknown),autolearn=no autolearn_force=no[/code]

That looks all very normal to me.

CH-Systems wrote: The only error that's left at my installation is this one:

Can't locate loadable object for module Geo::IP in @INC (@INC contains: D:\Work_Win\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\lib D:/Work_Win/SpamAssassin for Windows/lib .) at Geo/IP.pm line 42.
I dont get this error - where/when do you see it?

klink wrote:bug fixes....
My only negative observation is this:

The new SPAMD log file used to just output 3 lines but now it adds INFORMATIONAL messages regarding DNS lookups. I have sent in just 2 test emails (one genuine, and one guaranteed to be classified as spam) and my log file for just those 2 already reads:

[code]Wed May 4 09:50:55 2016 [-11816] info: spamd: connection from Sammy [127.0.0.1]:60603 to port 783, fd 7
Wed May 4 09:50:55 2016 [-11816] info: spamd: processing message <5729A9C5.6040709@yahoo.com> for (unknown):0
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 25136/IN/A/playsocks.co.uk.multi.uribl.com
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 34432/IN/A/playsocks.co.uk.multi.surbl.org
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 45307/IN/A/playsocks.co.uk.dob.sibl.support-intelligence.net
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 18641/IN/A/playsocks.co.uk.dbl.spamhaus.org
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 21142/IN/NS/playsocks.co.uk
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 48166/IN/A/playsocks.co.uk
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 59619/IN/A/bitdefender.com.multi.uribl.com
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 51857/IN/A/bitdefender.com.multi.surbl.org
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 42586/IN/A/bitdefender.com.dob.sibl.support-intelligence.net
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 56813/IN/A/bitdefender.com.dbl.spamhaus.org
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 14338/IN/NS/bitdefender.com
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 53636/IN/A/support-emc.services.bitdefender.com
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 12573/IN/A/tickets.bitdefender.com
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 64836/IN/A/29.97.82.212.psbl.surriel.com
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 8491/IN/A/29.97.82.212.bl.score.senderscore.com
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 45957/IN/A/29.97.82.212.dnsbl.sorbs.net
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 38698/IN/TXT/29.97.82.212.sa-trusted.bondedsender.org
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [13804] info: spamd: server successfully spawned child process, pid -14192
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 16544/IN/A/85.39.228.46.zen.spamhaus.org
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 42569/IN/A/56.98.82.212.zen.spamhaus.org
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 62009/IN/A/29.97.82.212.zen.spamhaus.org
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 9399/IN/TXT/85.39.228.46.bl.spamcop.net
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 9597/IN/TXT/56.98.82.212.bl.spamcop.net
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 51673/IN/TXT/29.97.82.212.bl.spamcop.net
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 64896/IN/A/29.97.82.212.bl.mailspike.net
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 36493/IN/A/29.97.82.212.list.dnswl.org
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 28228/IN/A/29.97.82.212.iadb.isipp.com
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 18022/IN/A/yahoo.com
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 27962/IN/MX/yahoo.com
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 1639/IN/A/29.97.82.212.wl.mailspike.net
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 44077/IN/A/85.39.228.46.dnsbl.sorbs.net
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 3107/IN/A/56.98.82.212.dnsbl.sorbs.net
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 50945/IN/TXT/29.97.82.212.sa-accredit.habeas.com
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 55794/IN/A/29.97.82.212.bb.barracudacentral.org
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 23616/IN/TXT/yahoo.com._vouch.dwl.spamhaus.org
Wed May 4 09:50:56 2016 [-11816] info: dns: a likely matching query: 10388/IN/TXT/nm24-vm5.bullet.mail.ir2.yahoo.com
Wed May 4 09:51:11 2016 [-11816] info: spamd: clean message (2.9/3.0) for (unknown):0 in 16.0 seconds, 10654 bytes.
Wed May 4 09:51:11 2016 [-11816] info: spamd: result: . 2 - DKIM_SIGNED,DKIM_VALID,DKIM_VALID_AU,FORGED_YAHOO_RCVD,FREEMAIL_ENVFROM_END_DIGIT,FREEMAIL_FROM,HTML_MESSAGE,JAM_SMALL_FONT_SIZE,RDNS_NONE,T_SPF_HELO_TEMPERROR scantime=16.0,size=10654,user=(unknown),uid=0,required_score=3.0,rhost=Sammy,raddr=127.0.0.1,rport=60603,mid=<5729A9C5.6040709@yahoo.com>,autolearn=no autolearn_force=no
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: spamd: connection from Sammy [127.0.0.1]:60612 to port 783, fd 7
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: spamd: processing message <5729A9D8.9070506@tiscali.it> for (unknown):0
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 51068/IN/A/playsocks.co.uk.multi.uribl.com
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 38764/IN/A/playsocks.co.uk.multi.surbl.org
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 12315/IN/A/playsocks.co.uk.dob.sibl.support-intelligence.net
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 1273/IN/A/playsocks.co.uk.dbl.spamhaus.org
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 19216/IN/NS/playsocks.co.uk
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 57095/IN/A/playsocks.co.uk
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 45114/IN/A/doctorholi.ru.multi.uribl.com
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 23239/IN/A/doctorholi.ru.multi.surbl.org
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 54216/IN/A/doctorholi.ru.dob.sibl.support-intelligence.net
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 19114/IN/A/doctorholi.ru.dbl.spamhaus.org
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 49514/IN/A/tiscali.it.multi.uribl.com
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 58762/IN/A/tiscali.it.multi.surbl.org
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 61058/IN/A/tiscali.it.dob.sibl.support-intelligence.net
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 14868/IN/A/tiscali.it.dbl.spamhaus.org
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 32035/IN/NS/tiscali.it
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 4882/IN/A/tiscali.it
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 41234/IN/A/215.33.205.213.psbl.surriel.com
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 26827/IN/A/215.33.205.213.bl.score.senderscore.com
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 57951/IN/A/215.33.205.213.dnsbl.sorbs.net
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 37383/IN/TXT/215.33.205.213.sa-trusted.bondedsender.org
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 13975/IN/A/15.90.20.151.zen.spamhaus.org
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 35947/IN/A/215.33.205.213.zen.spamhaus.org
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 2847/IN/TXT/15.90.20.151.bl.spamcop.net
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 7567/IN/TXT/215.33.205.213.bl.spamcop.net
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 61444/IN/A/215.33.205.213.bl.mailspike.net
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 37076/IN/A/215.33.205.213.list.dnswl.org
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 35302/IN/A/215.33.205.213.iadb.isipp.com
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 48173/IN/MX/tiscali.it
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 31272/IN/A/215.33.205.213.wl.mailspike.net
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 7044/IN/A/15.90.20.151.dnsbl.sorbs.net
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 59502/IN/TXT/215.33.205.213.sa-accredit.habeas.com
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 20265/IN/A/215.33.205.213.bb.barracudacentral.org
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 53785/IN/TXT/tiscali.it._vouch.dwl.spamhaus.org
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 35208/IN/TXT/smtp.tiscali.it
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 14537/IN/A/97.35.146.216.sbl.spamhaus.org
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [-14192] info: dns: a likely matching query: 21844/IN/A/97.35.146.216.zen.spamhaus.org
Wed May 4 09:51:12 2016 [13804] info: spamd: server successfully spawned child process, pid -13392
Wed May 4 09:51:28 2016 [-14192] info: spamd: identified spam (30.7/3.0) for (unknown):0 in 16.0 seconds, 5200 bytes.
Wed May 4 09:51:28 2016 [-14192] info: spamd: result: Y 30 - ANY_PILL_PRICE,DKIM_SIGNED,DKIM_VALID,DKIM_VALID_AU,DRUGS_ERECTILE,DRUG_ED_CAPS,FREEMAIL_FROM,HS_BODY_147,HTML_MESSAGE,IMPOTENCE,JAM_CIALIS,JAM_CIALIS_BD,JAM_ERECTION_BD,JAM_PHARMACY,JAM_PHARMACY_BD,JAM_PHARMACY_PRODUCTS_BD,JAM_VIAGRA,JAM_VIAGRA_BD,RDNS_NONE,SUBJECT_DRUG_GAP_C,T_SPF_HELO_TEMPERROR scantime=16.0,size=5200,user=(unknown),uid=0,required_score=3.0,rhost=Sammy,raddr=127.0.0.1,rport=60612,mid=<5729A9D8.9070506@tiscali.it>,autolearn=spam autolearn_force=no
[/code]

That is A LOT of logging for just 2 emails. I can imagine this log becoming unimaginably large when on a production server that has hundreds or thousands of emails coming in a day. Is there anyway to 'turn-off' or minimise this informational logging? This is definitely stopping me upgrading from 3.4.0.
5.7 on test.