My HM-Groupware-Server

This section contains user-submitted tutorials.
Rainer-Luebeck
New user
New user

My HM-Groupware-Server

Post by Rainer-Luebeck » 2017-08-05 18:23

Hello MailServer-Friends,

I would like here to introduce my since 4 weeks until now perfectly functioning HM-Groupware-Server. Perhaps it is useful for others.
Thunderbird, Lightning, iPhone, Android, Outlook synchronize well among each other.
We use this configuration with 4 PCs and 3 mobile phones.

My Configuration:

- Virtual Windows 7 64 bit machine without Windows Search, Updates, XPX etc.
- Xampp server (only MariaDB, PHP and Apache). The WAMPP server is too heavy.
- HMailserver in the beta version
- Baikal 0.4.6 as Cal and Card Dav Server
- Spamassassin for Windows (Jam software)
- Clam-AV and ESET-Nod32 as virus scanner
- Squid for Windows
- Heidi-SQL
From the HeidiSQL directory I took the "libmysql.dll" as a connector for MariaDB and HMailserver. Is super compatible to all MySQL versions.

PHP-Gui only for Baikal. Administration otherwise via RDP. No Webmail, only Thunderbird & Outlook with IMAP.

Hmailserver and Baikal use MariaDB. Password for MariaDB (MySQL) is required
For Baikal you only have to create an empty database named "baikal".

The best is however protection by Eset:
Command line: "c: \ Program Files \ ESET \ ESET Security \ ecls.exe" /log-file="C:\Mailserver\hMailServer\Logs\nod32.log "/ mailbox / unsafe / sfx / adware / unwanted / quarantine / Preserve-time / clean-mode = strict "% FILE%"
The HMailServer directory must be set as exclusion.
Writes a log file and scans all the viruses I have tested so far (also many real viruses). ClamAV runs as a second scanner.
Price is OK

As a spam blocker I used: spl, xbl, pbl-spamhaus.org and some more. To work. All rules marked with +++ spam +++ end up in the spam folder. A user-defined rule "X-Hmailser-Reason-Score greater than 6 will land with me first in the basket, but everyone should decide for themselves.
My best rule against spam is: newsletter, newsletters, subscribe, unsubscribe, etc. These mails first go to the spam folder.

Baikal has proved to be stable. Outlook synchronizes calendar "and" Address books with Caldav-Synchronizer (OpenSource).
Lightning without a tool (https sometimes just http) I do not know why yet.
(https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/baikal/html/cal ... r/default/)

The hammer is the add-on "CardBook" for Thunderbird. Synchronizes everything.Good operation, many functions.
Now all the calendars and address books on all PCs (only 4) are synchronized in Thunderbird and Outlook (about 2500 calendar entries and about 1500 addresses).
With "Automatic-Export" for Thunderbird the calendars of all users are saved locally every 3 hours. Saved as an ICS, the calendars can be immediately restored with a double-click. I also love "minimize to tray" for Thunderbird.

Squid accelerates our Internet enormous. Windows-FAX could also be implemented. I'm still thinking. But is now already a fine communication machine.

Here are some suggestions:

Batch call via Taskplaner Windows

Backup SQL databases every day:

@echo off
Echo backup database 'baikal'
FOR / F "tokens = 1,2,3 delims = /:" %% a in ('Time / T') do set CTIME = %% a %% b %% c
Set TIME =% CTIME%
Set DATE =% date%
C: \ xampp \ mysql \ bin \ mysqldump -uroot -pAsdf1234 baikal> C: \ Backup \ sql \ baikal_% Date% .sql

Delete the backups older than 7 days and the Eset virus scanner log file older than 4 days:

Forfiles / P c: \ Backup \ sql \ / S / M *. * / D -7 / C "cmd / c del / q @path"
Forfiles / P c: \ Mailserver \ hmailserver \ logs \ / S / M *. * / D -4 / C "cmd / c del / q @path"
@Echo off

The batch jobs for Spamassassin and ClamAV also via the Windows Task Scheduler and also StartBackup.vbs from the HMailServer.

Best regards
Rainer from Lübeck.

Dravion
Senior user
Senior user

Re: My HM-Groupware-Server

Post by Dravion » 2017-08-05 20:44

Do you have a simple Screenshot and/or a graphic which displays how this all works together?

Rainer-Luebeck
New user
New user

Post by Rainer-Luebeck » 2017-08-05 21:27

Hi, here a few of pictures.
The whole sounds really incredible, but works very well.
Are the genut screenshots?
Funny is that one no longer needs an old one hour to set up.
However, I've been building since 2 months, since the Nethserver no longer the performance in the mail area brings (filter, Antivir, SOGo is not so great).
The Baikal-Caldav server is so I believe also no longer baikal, but in the inner "Sabre-DAV" of Fruux. So do not be deceived by the minor version number.
Beispiel31.JPG
Beispiel31.JPG
Best regards
Rainer
Attachments
Cardbook.JPG

Rainer-Luebeck
New user
New user

Post by Rainer-Luebeck » 2017-08-05 21:32

Hello, here are the important ones.
Best regards
Rainer
Attachments
outlook-caldav.JPG
lightning-calendar.JPG
baikal-dashboard.JPG

Rainer-Luebeck
New user
New user

Post by Rainer-Luebeck » 2017-08-05 21:36

Hi,
And a few more.
Best regards
Rainer
Attachments
virtest.JPG
tree-mysql.JPG
Kalender_sichern.JPG

delphiham
New user
New user

Post by delphiham » 2017-08-06 19:41

I used for this one Egroupware with Hmail. It is used completly with thunderbird and a webfrontend with CalDAV,CardDAV, WebDAV, Ressourcemanagemet, Wiki and and.

Only one problem with hmail is, they have not sieve connectivity at this moment :-(.
o

L_
OL
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.