HOW TO: Install Spamassassin For Windows and SPAMD service

This section contains user-submitted tutorials.
RvdH
Senior user
Senior user

Re: HOW TO: Install Spamassassin For Windows and SPAMD service

Post by RvdH » 2021-10-28 09:17

coax wrote:
2021-10-24 12:02
RvdH wrote:
2021-10-23 18:20
open C:\Program Files (x86)\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\sa-learn or C:\Program Files\JAM Software\SpamAssassin for Windows\runtime\sa-learn (note: file without extension)

Code: Select all

after line 36, add: my $LOCAL_STATE_DIR = '..\share';    # substituted at 'make' time
after line 43, add:  $LOCAL_STATE_DIR = JAM::Path::local_state_dir() || $LOCAL_STATE_DIR;
after line 243 add: LOCAL_STATE_DIR     => $LOCAL_STATE_DIR,
Thanks @RvdH, sa-learn.exe doesn't throw error anymore. How in the world did you figure that out? Comparing sa-learn from 3.4.4 vs 3.4.2 (older version I had until now), they're both same, as well as path.config's!

While we're at it, would it be possible to fix the svnunknown to show something meaningful in header X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.4.4 (svnunknown) on [MASKED]?

Edit:
Found a way to remove (svnunknown). In local.cf add line:

Code: Select all

add_header all Checker-Version SpamAssassin _VERSION_ on _HOSTNAME_
Basically i compared the ways how a debug run of sa-learn vs spamassassin itself compared and noticed the difference in how the $LOCAL_STATE_DIR expanded

I also shared my findings with the people @Jam, so maybe a fix might surface and otherwise you have a workaround :)
CIDR to RegEx: d-fault.nl/CIDRtoRegEx
DNS Lookup: d-fault.nl/DNSTools
DNSBL Lookup: d-fault.nl/DNSBLLookup
GEOIP Lookup: d-fault.nl/GeoipLookup