Minutes Between The Sending For IP Warming Up

Use this forum if you want to suggest a new feature to hMailServer. Before posting, please search the forum to confirm that it has not already been suggested.
nghuyphong
New user
New user

Minutes Between The Sending For IP Warming Up

Post by nghuyphong » 2018-05-18 22:11

Hi,

It would be great if hMailserver has a feature that we can set the time between every sending attempt for warming up an IP. The example is when I send an email with 100 recipients and want hMailserver to send out 10 times with 10 recipients at a time, and with a delay (for example 10 minutes) between them.

mattg

Re: Minutes Between The Sending For IP Warming Up

Post by mattg » 2018-05-19 05:59

Why would this be useful?

I understand what you want, I'm just not sure why?
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

nghuyphong
New user
New user

Post by nghuyphong » 2018-05-21 09:26

Hi mattg,

Thank you for your comment. The reason for this is if you run hMailserver with a new dedicated IP your IP will be likely blacklisted if you send more emails than it is recommended by best practice. So you need to warm up an IP to build the reputation. The requested feature is also good for splitting the large list into smaller list and send them out with preset delay time in between. This will reduce the chance of your IP is marked as spam and blacklisted. hMailserver already has "Maximum Number of Recipients In Batch" in Settings/Protocols/SMTP/Advanced. Now it will be great if there is a feature something like "Minutes Between Batch". Then you can set it to Zero if no delay needed

Example of IP warming up can be found here in Sendgrid: https://sendgrid.com/docs/User_Guide/Se ... armup.html

EduardoFoltran
Normal user
Normal user

Post by EduardoFoltran » 2018-08-03 17:19

Hi!

Indeed! This is a very useful feature for those who want to use HMS to send spam. One is not blacklisted just for sending emails, but for sending lots of emails to spam traps. As my main goal for the last 8 months has being to fight spammers, I am very concerned about their behaviour and this implementation looks like one a spammer would love.

Moreover, you can use a script to limit the amount of e-mails your users send every day. Look at:

viewtopic.php?t=25092

Eduardo