Languages in "Advanced - Server messages" do not support Asian languages?

Use this forum if you want to suggest a new feature to hMailServer. Before posting, please search the forum to confirm that it has not already been suggested.
topper
Normal user
Normal user

Languages in "Advanced - Server messages" do not support Asian languages?

Post by topper » 2018-03-20 16:54

We have Japanese employees and Chinese employees.

Is it possible to improve in the future? If possible, add a "language" option to each mail account and send a message in the appropriate language depending on the “language”
ESXi -> hmail.v5.6.7B2425 + ClamAV + SpamAssassin

jimimaseye

Re: Languages in "Advanced - Server messages" do not support Asian languages?

Post by jimimaseye » 2018-03-20 17:00

No. All messages are received as sent by the sender. The mailserver doesnt do translations. As for language of display of the email client, that depends on the installation/system of the email client and its language settings.

The language selection function in Hmailserver is only for DISPLAY purposes of the Hmail ADMIN program.
HMS 5.6.6 B2383 on Win Server 2008 R2 Foundation, + 5.6.7-B2415 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

mattg

Post by mattg » 2018-03-21 01:14

If you are wanting to change the language used in the 'server messages' to include Asian Languages and you can't currently do that, I'd look at changing the collation of the 'smtext' field in the hm_servermessages table in the database to a collation that can store Asian languages.

What database do you use?

Also, I think that the concept of sending a server message in a language that matches the intended recipient is going to be problematic. This would require that a usual languages is recorded for each user, and then that each of the server messages are set for each available language. There would need to be default for those with no language set, and how are multilingual users treated; do they get the server message multiple times?

I could see that this would be fairly considerable work to implement.

As a work around, can you set the server messages to be in multiple languages now, so that ALL users get the multilingual automated response, or maybe the server response can be redirected to a URL that has better methods of detecting default language or even may show in a google translate type web page... Just ideas

I'm sure there are others with users with varying languages, would you like to suggest some questions for a poll for this feature request
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

topper
Normal user
Normal user

Post by topper » 2018-03-28 17:38

I guess those contents are not stored without using the UTF8 format?:)

I'm now using MSSQL CE.

These messages are still a lot of, for example: The mailbox is full, the letter was sent back, the most important thing is that I want to give everyone notice inconvenient. Now,I can only set up mail groups by department and email everyone.

Another reason is that now there are a lot of phishing, and are in English, for non-English users, they may be wrong to open, if use of URLs, users may be more difficult to distinguish, Recently, we have had 3 email accounts have been cracked or password theft (the exact reason is not found).

My idea is:
1. In each account have a choice of language (if not, of course, the default language)
2. The program directory to create a multilingual directory, storage of different kinds of server messages template
3. This way, the server message menu changes less.

4. The system will do a lot of matching when sending these server messages

The workload must be very large, but this system is really good, I have used for nearly 10 years, thank you for your efforts!
ESXi -> hmail.v5.6.7B2425 + ClamAV + SpamAssassin