Add a few more features to filters

Use this forum if you want to suggest a new feature to hMailServer. Before posting, please search the forum to confirm that it has not already been suggested.

Is this a useful feature?

Yes
100%
Yes (partly)
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes: 2

DjGL
New user
New user

Add a few more features to filters

Post by DjGL » 2016-08-30 22:08

Hi guys,

After a longer time I am making a post here again.
Please don't kill me if a similar request has been made already, but I didn't find it :wink:
There are some similar requests but some may go too far or not far enough in my opinion and these few suggestions would give a great benefit without causing too much struggle on the implementation.
Actually they would be single requests but I would not like to spam this forum with such minor things, I think all of them make very much sense and I hope you guys think the same.

I am a hMailserver user since many years and I really like the filters but there are a few smaller things that would be extremely useful if they get added:
- A way to copy the rules (or certain rules) from one account to the other (obviously a useful feature) and to duplicate a rule inside of one account (to slightly modify it for a second purpose)
- A way to pass "text" as an additional parameter to a function, e.g. I have a function ForwardAsAttachment where it would be useful if I could directly pass the receiver directly in the rule (as second, third, ... parameter in the Eventhandler.vbs) without the need to set header values for that purpose
- X-hMailServer-Spam could be a "predefined" field (would be just less error-prone and more convenient and I guess quite easy to implement)

Best
Günther