Set forwarding validity period

Use this forum if you want to suggest a new feature to hMailServer. Before posting, please search the forum to confirm that it has not already been suggested.
dmah
New user
New user

Set forwarding validity period

Post by dmah » 2022-06-18 09:03

Good afternoon!
Is it possible to add to the "forwarding" tab a select start date and end date for the forwarding action?
Thanks
P.S. sorry for my english

jimimaseye

Re: Set forwarding validity period

Post by jimimaseye » 2022-06-18 09:53

I understand what you are asking for - it seems something similar to having a start/ expire data for an auto-reply/out-of-office setting (as found in outlook/exchange), right?

However, to add such a feature increases resource requirement/footprint of the software (as the function, gui, comapi and web admin would all need changing) and I would have to ask really how important or required/popular would this feature be. I do not know of this particular feature being on outrage mainstream equivalents (certain my not on exchange).

You may achieve your required intervals by using scripting (i did similar for the auto-reply feature which you may wish to use as a starting point and modify accordingly).

[Entered by mobile. Excuse my spelling.]
5.7 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

dmah
New user
New user

Re: Set forwarding validity period

Post by dmah » 2022-06-18 12:03

jimimaseye wrote:
2022-06-18 09:53
I understand what you are asking for - it seems something similar to having a start/ expire data for an auto-reply/out-of-office setting (as found in outlook/exchange), right?
Yes, that's right
jimimaseye wrote:
I would have to ask really how important or required/popular would this feature be.
I use this feature often
jimimaseye wrote:
You may achieve your required intervals by using scripting (i did similar for the auto-reply feature which you may wish to use as a starting point and modify accordingly).
Thanks, I'll try the method you suggested