Mail Enable to hMailServer

This section contains scripts that hMailServer has contributed with. hMailServer 4 is needed to use these.
DragonDesign
Normal user
Normal user

Mail Enable to hMailServer

Post by DragonDesign » 2008-08-05 03:57

Hi,

am currently migrating from Mail Enable so thought i'd spend some time making a tool to save me a lot of work. Though, quite possibly, have spent a little more time on making it than it would have took to copy the data over manually, is a lot less boring tough :D

This is the first release and can copy over the following from ME to hMail:

Post Office Name to Domain Name
Domain Status
All Mail Accounts in each post office
Mailbox Status
Each Mailbox password (with option to encrypt)

I almost have the forward to email addresses, status of forwarding and whether to keep a local copy of forwarded mail.

But in the final testing i started having trouble with duplicate entries when passing the ME config file into a dataset, will fix soon. However in it's current state it works a treat and saves a lot of effort when migrating over from ME.. enjoy.

oh, for first run i recommend running it in a command prompt, if the Mail Enable path is not set correctly in the .ini file it will crash.. not got round to the error capture on that yet :roll:

Also, any requests or suggestions for features for this tool will be gratefully received..

**LATEST VERSION BELOW**
Attachments
mailenable2hmail.rar
(178.73 KiB) Downloaded 1367 times
Last edited by DragonDesign on 2008-09-10 14:22, edited 1 time in total.

DragonDesign
Normal user
Normal user

Mail Enable to hMailServer Update

Post by DragonDesign » 2008-08-14 15:59

Have updated the program to now include the first forwarding address within each mailbox, mailenable allows multiple addresses yet hmailserver seems to only allow one.. There is a weird issue with this in that it does not like putting some records into a dataset so have skipped any errors and provided a list of the problem mailboxes to the console to allow a manual check.

Added error capture for a badly filled out .ini file, this still needs a backslash at the end of the path to the mailenable folder..

Potentialy this tool could connect to a remote server if you have set the server to accept remote connections for that user, haven't tested this though..

probably not going to do much more on this in the near future, hope it has helped some people, please let me know if you have any problems. :mrgreen:
Attachments
mailenable2hmail.rar
(188.59 KiB) Downloaded 1143 times

sndk4asp
New user
New user

Re: Mail Enable to hMailServer

Post by sndk4asp » 2008-09-08 18:05

I have tryied to import from the standard version 1.95 but i continue to get an obscure initialization error (0xc000007b). Do you know if it's possible to import from that older version??

DragonDesign
Normal user
Normal user

Post by DragonDesign » 2008-09-09 19:44

Hi,

sorry haven't checked back here for a while, forgot to add a notify to the thread :o

Where are you getting the error ?

I have not tried any older versions just the version i have. Though i did used to use the older version and, from memory, didn't seem to notice much difference in the folder structure which, i suspect, is where the error may be coming from..

Copy and paste the whole error from the console and i will have a look at it..

sndk4asp
New user
New user

Post by sndk4asp » 2008-09-10 01:07

No problem Dragon :)

Now I have already imported all by hand (users/domains/messages) and all is running fine. When I tryed to use your tool I got the message as soon as I lauched it (from the command line) like in the attachement. Translated from italian it means: The application was not correctly initialized (0xc000007b). Click OK to close application. It was running on win2k3 server std with ME v 1.95 (stopped) and hmailserver v. 4.4.1.b273 (running).
Attachments
error.jpg

DragonDesign
Normal user
Normal user

Post by DragonDesign » 2008-09-10 01:26

has just crashed out. the first version was crashing if the attached .ini file wasn't filled out with the correct details.

I did add some debug for that in the second but something might have slipped by :D

Am considering adding a message import function to it...

DragonDesign
Normal user
Normal user

Post by DragonDesign » 2008-09-10 14:16

Another Update...

This time to get the messages and folders across. I decided to do this bit the easy way and use somebody else's good work rather than re-invent the wheel.

This tool will now create a config file for and then run ImapCopy.exe to migrate mail messages and folders. You need to download ImapCopy from the ImapCopy Website and extract the .exe file to the same folder as mailenable2hmail.exe.

The process will stop before running imapcopy.exe, if you have pause enabled, this allows time to go in and edit the imapcopy.cfg manually if you want to change anything..

Big thanks to Armin Diehl for writing ImapCopy in the first place, I hope he doesn't mind me tagging on to it :D

**EDIT**

With regard to the above crashing, I am using a program to package the exe and dlls and noticed on 2008 Server that i am getting the same instant crash issue. The tool still crashes with an incorrect mySQL password also.

I will make an unpackaged version available for download as soon as i have moved my server over, if anybody desperately needs a copy i will email it directly upon request.. This works ok on 2008 and can only assume will on 2003 (have tested on 2003 with the packaged version).
Attachments
mailenable2hmail.rar
(189.54 KiB) Downloaded 1210 times

Archer
New user
New user

Post by Archer » 2009-04-10 22:38

Have you got a fix for the crashing on startup yet?

I'm trying to move from ME Pro v3.53 to hMailServer v4.4.3 on Win2K3 Server. I get the "The application failed to initialize properly (0x000007b) Click on OK to terminate the application" message every time.

If you are not working on this any longer, I'd be willing to try fixing it myself if I can get a copy of the source.

DragonDesign
Normal user
Normal user

Post by DragonDesign » 2009-06-12 23:15

Archer,

sorry for the delay in getting back,

the issue with the crashing was due to the program i was using to package the program to a single .exe file and then running it under a 2008 / vista type environment.

I still have the unpackaged files to run the program if interested..

drop me a mail to: andrew AT dragondesign DOT co DOT uk.

Gord J
New user
New user

Post by Gord J » 2009-08-04 23:49

I'm getting the "failed to initialize properly" error as well. Initial install of Build 356 on a Windows 2003 file server.

Any other suggestions?

mienamoo
New user
New user

Post by mienamoo » 2009-12-21 17:33

I also got the "failed to initialize properly" error, on a 64-bit server. The problem was that the .NET framework was not installed. The hMailServer installer does download the .NET framework, but the 32-bit version which (silently) fails to install on a 64-bit system.

So the solution was, at least in my case, to download and install the 64-bit .NET framework version 2 before installing hMailServer.

DragonDesign
Normal user
Normal user

Post by DragonDesign » 2010-06-12 15:47

I have just been told that the file for this download is missing so have hosted a zip & rar version here:

http://dragondesign.co.uk/userfiles/mai ... 2hmail.rar

OR

http://dragondesign.co.uk/userfiles/mai ... 2hmail.zip

Due to the interest in this program I am going to release the source code in the net couple of days. I have used some modules for data access that i don't want to release so have to write the database access code stright into the main program, won't take too long.

Have got a day out with the family before I can sit down and start writing code though, off to Toys R us then the wacky warehouse :)

DragonDesign
Normal user
Normal user

Post by DragonDesign » 2010-06-14 14:23

As promised, have released the source code for this tool, can be found at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/me2hmailserver/

Happy migrating :mrgreen: