Email all users function and logfile size limit

This forum contains features that has been archived. This section contains implemented features, duplicate requests, and requests which we have decided not to implement.
Cheator
Normal user
Normal user

Email all users function and logfile size limit

Post by Cheator » 2004-07-26 13:17

First, I'd like to recomend a Email All Users function. The distro lists are a fine function yes, but to email all of your users to inform them of downtime would suck. I infact dod it last night and it too kover na hour to make the list. But this function would be simple, simply replicating an email file into every folder so they could read it. IT just makes sense for alot of people.

Second, logfile size limits. This is really about my first post and how I was a total dumbass by accidently setting my smtp server to "Go nuts and try to get blacklisted". The filesizes for the logs were about 170 meg and I had trouble opening them. If you could limit it that would be awesome. Its a small dumb feature but for people with alot of users it makes sense.

Small suggestions.

polarunion
Normal user
Normal user

Post by polarunion » 2004-07-26 14:34

i really like your first idea. in fact it would save me a lot of time instead of having to look through all domains and verify that i have no new users on the system to add to my distrobution list.

your second also makes sense, though should be an option.

add them to the tracker - it's where we post wanted features or report bugs.

http://hmailserver.com/tracker

Cheator
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Cheator » 2004-07-26 14:59

done. and rather than making a new thread i will make this other suggestion hee that i forgot this morning.

A function to block certain users from using IMAP. So far i haven't found anything that would work well yet, or a feature that already exists.

polarunion
Normal user
Normal user

Post by polarunion » 2004-07-26 15:06

just curious, what would be the advantage in that?

Cheator
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Cheator » 2004-07-26 15:09

Well IMAP takes up alot of bandwidth so I'd gie it to privalaged users. Save on bandwidth and stuff. Also if one was running a cokmpany, they could use that feature as incentive to donate/pay for service.

martin
Developer
Developer

Post by martin » 2005-11-06 20:10

Email all users have been implemented.