IP Range like settings on a per domain/user level

This forum contains features that has been archived. This section contains implemented features, duplicate requests, and requests which we have decided not to implement.

Do you need this feature?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 3

cmurphy54
Senior user
Senior user

IP Range like settings on a per domain/user level

Post by cmurphy54 » 2005-07-26 23:45

IP Ranges are already confusing enough, but it would be nice if you could set IP Range like settings on a per domain/user basis.

That way, I could specify that for accounts in domain.com, they can use SMTP, but for accounts in domain2.com they can't.

IP Ranges would obviously take priority over the domain/user settings as they are refused earlier in the pipeline.

This is primarily useful if I have two or more domains and I want to restrict some number of them to only be accessible via webmail or don't want to allow some domains access to cpu-intensive IMAP.

Currently, the IP Range settings are too broad for this purpose; disabling SMTP for the Internet range effectively disables it for all domains.

While I could enter additional ranges to allow specific computers to connect to SMTP, if my user base for the allowed domain is also large, this isn't really practical.