DOCUMENTATION

This forum contains features that has been archived. This section contains implemented features, duplicate requests, and requests which we have decided not to implement.
BroadwayLion
New user
New user

DOCUMENTATION

Post by BroadwayLion » 2011-05-09 21:26

Boy, I'd sure like some decent documentation. I'd *BUY* a printed manual if there were such a thing, and I'd pay money for and printout a complete manual on line if I could find one. Heck, you could upload the manual to Lulu or some other on demand publisher, and make a link to it, and you would make a profit on just that!

I think there should be more details within such a manual, not just pictures on how to set typical settings but deeper, how and why things do what they do, and what I need to do to make them do what I want them to do.

Spam, for instance: I have SpamCop, Spamhaus, SURBL and SpamAssassin all running, and what do I find in my mailbox:

0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
1.7 MIME_HTML_ONLY BODY: Message only has text/html MIME parts
2.5 RAZOR2_CHECK Listed in Razor2 (http://razor.sf.net/)
2.0 URIBL_BLACK Contains an URL listed in the URIBL blacklist
[URIs: bigwestern.info]

Like d'uh... shouldn't that have been dumped by the blackhole server. Why is it in my Inbox?
Maybe I need to tweak SpamAssassin, but how does one do that?

Thanks,

Elias
The Route of the Broadway LION
Largest Subway Layout in North Dakota
broadwaylion.com

^DooM^
Site Admin

Re: DOCUMENTATION

Post by ^DooM^ » 2011-05-10 01:00

http://download.hmailserver.com/documen ... er-5-3.chm

There is an offline CHM file linked above, Knock yourself and your printer ink out.

As for Spam assassin. Have you told hMail to use spam assassin score or ignore it and use it's own?
If at first you don't succeed, bomb disposal probably isn't for you! ヅ

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Re: DOCUMENTATION

Post by Bill48105 » 2011-05-20 18:18

BroadwayLion, as DooM pointed out there are very good docs available. Perhaps a PDF would be useful. And of course the forums are a form of docs in a way. ;)

As far as your complaint/comment about the spam, it's up to you to configure things to work how you want. In the example you posted you can create a site or user rule in hmailsever that checks the headers & tell hmailserver to act on it (delete, move to 'Spam' folder, forward, etc) & voila. hmailserver also has option to delete messages that score above a certain level with hmailserver's scoring but I prefer the rule method that is better for per-user actions although somethign that scores super high is deleted before the rules even run.

So there your feature requests have been fulfilled & can be closed. :)
Bill
hMailServer build LIVE on my servers: 5.4-B2014050402
#hmailserver on FreeNode IRC https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#hmailserver
*** ABSENT FROM hMail! Those in IRC know how to find me if urgent. ***