A minor request of HELO host name anti-spam checking

This forum contains features that has been archived. This section contains implemented features, duplicate requests, and requests which we have decided not to implement.
chjfth
Normal user
Normal user

A minor request of HELO host name anti-spam checking

Post by chjfth » 2010-03-31 06:02

I hope that there is an option: When hMailServer gets IP address instead of hostname as HELO parameter, give it a spam score.

I've found some sly spam mail servers use just IP in their HELO command, and hMailserver(v5.3.2) will not give it a spam score.

Thank you.

^DooM^
Site Admin

Re: A minor request of HELO host name anti-spam checking

Post by ^DooM^ » 2010-03-31 10:49

Settings->Antispam->Spam tests->Check host in the HELO command
If at first you don't succeed, bomb disposal probably isn't for you! ヅ

chjfth
Normal user
Normal user

Post by chjfth » 2010-04-01 03:22

Hi DooM, I've already enabled "Check host in the HELO command" from the beginning.

But my question is, if the sender use IP instead hostname in HELO command, would it still get a spam score? I remember that I've seen it not. Can you confirm this.

For such mails using IP instead hostname in HELO command, I'd like to mark it as spam. Got my idea?

^DooM^
Site Admin

Post by ^DooM^ » 2010-04-01 10:21

if it doesn't match the host then it will be given whatever score you set it to. If the host doesn't resolve and comes back to an IP and the HELO is an IP then it would match and pass. If you want to check specifically for an IP use a script.
If at first you don't succeed, bomb disposal probably isn't for you! ヅ