Simplify internal distribution lists

This forum contains features that has been archived. This section contains implemented features, duplicate requests, and requests which we have decided not to implement.
ReggieB
New user
New user

Simplify internal distribution lists

Post by ReggieB » 2009-07-17 15:51

I think it is quite difficult to maintain an internal distribution list. For example, an everyone@ list or sales@. The reason I think it is difficult is because each e-mail address has to be entered manually. This is fine for small lists or ones that don't alter very often, but can be a pain on larger lists.

It's also relatively difficult to check if everyone is included (or excluded).

Would it be possible to have a view on distribution lists that shows all the internal users with a tick box to indicate/update their membership to the distribution list. Obviously for many distribution lists where email addresses are as likely to be external as internal, such a system would not be appropriate. Therefore such a system would need to be an addition to, rather than a replacement of the current system.

Alternative would it be possible to have a special internal distribution list (user group?) where this view would be the default way of managing membership? This would overcome issues for users with very large numbers of mailboxes where such a screen/facility may be problematic.

The other issue that such a system would avoid is misspelling of an internal e-mail address when adding it to a distribution list.

martin
Developer
Developer

Re: Simplify internal distribution lists

Post by martin » 2009-07-17 15:55

In 5.1.2 (or maybe it was added in 5.2) you can add users to a distribution list by selecting their names from a list..

ReggieB
New user
New user

Re: Simplify internal distribution lists

Post by ReggieB » 2009-11-23 11:37

I'm running 5.1.2, so looks like I need to upgrade.