Page 2 of 2

Posted: 2006-08-13 12:41
by martin
Well, version B228 was not ment to fix it. It only added logging so that I would be able tos ay whether the problem cveillon is the same as mine.

Posted: 2006-08-13 17:37
by GlenC
Martin, just sent you logs. I updated to b228 yesterday morning and (fortunately) SMTP froze up last night about 22.30 or so and remained unresponsive until I restarted the service at 11:30 this morning. Hope you get some useful info from the logs.

Posted: 2006-08-13 19:10
by martin
Thanks!

The log confirms the problem. I'm building a new version now which I will test with.

(But weren't there an error log created in the hMailServer log directory?)

Posted: 2006-08-13 22:50
by GlenC
oops... you are correct, there were error logs too. If you still need them let me know and I will send those also.

Posted: 2006-08-17 19:50
by cveillon
GlenC wrote:oops... you are correct, there were error logs too. If you still need them let me know and I will send those also.
Since being on B229, haven't had the problem with SMTP lockups. I believe Martin's already fixed the problem, but if you stll have the logs, could you please forward that error log to me?

It was happening so often and caused me so much grief and energy, I would love to see why.

Thanks,
Chuck

Posted: 2006-08-17 22:05
by GlenC
Well, I hadn´t looked at them too closely before, but it´s strange because there really isn´t anything at the time that my SMTP started failing (Which was around 22:30) Here they are anyway:

Code: Select all

"ERROR"	3444	"2006-08-12 09:42:29.310"	"Source: Socket::Disconnect(), Code: HM4363, Description: shutdown() failed. Session ID: 1, Socket ID: 1204, Winsock error: 10057."
"ERROR"	3444	"2006-08-12 09:42:29.310"	"Source: Socket::Disconnect(), Code: HM4363, Description: shutdown() failed. Session ID: 2, Socket ID: 1280, Winsock error: 10057."
"ERROR"	3040	"2006-08-12 10:22:17.464"	"Source: IOCPOperationParser::ParseOperation, Code: HM4367, A client has failed to connect."
"ERROR"	3040	"2006-08-12 10:22:17.564"	"Source: IOCPOperationParser::ParseOperation, Code: HM4367, A client has failed to connect."
"ERROR"	3040	"2006-08-12 10:22:17.764"	"Source: IOCPOperationParser::ParseOperation, Code: HM4367, A client has failed to connect."
"ERROR"	3040	"2006-08-12 10:22:17.764"	"Source: IOCPOperationParser::ParseOperation, Code: HM4367, A client has failed to connect."
"ERROR"	3040	"2006-08-12 10:22:17.764"	"Source: IOCPOperationParser::ParseOperation, Code: HM4367, A client has failed to connect."
"ERROR"	3040	"2006-08-12 10:22:17.764"	"Source: IOCPOperationParser::ParseOperation, Code: HM4367, A client has failed to connect."
"ERROR"	3040	"2006-08-12 10:22:17.764"	"Source: IOCPOperationParser::ParseOperation, Code: HM4367, A client has failed to connect."
"ERROR"	3040	"2006-08-12 10:22:17.774"	"Source: IOCPOperationParser::ParseOperation, Code: HM4367, A client has failed to connect."
"ERROR"	3040	"2006-08-12 10:22:17.774"	"Source: IOCPOperationParser::ParseOperation, Code: HM4367, A client has failed to connect."
"ERROR"	1940	"2006-08-12 21:36:04.186"	"Source: IOCPOperationParser::ParseOperation, Code: HM4367, A client has failed to connect."
"ERROR"	636	"2006-08-13 11:29:42.200"	"Source: IOCPServer::_CreateListenSocket, Code: HM4316, Description: Call to bind() failed. Error: 10048. Is another server is already using this port (25)?"
"ERROR"	636	"2006-08-13 11:29:42.210"	"Source: IOCPServer::DoWork(), Code: HM4323, Description: _CreateListeningSockets() failed. Error: 183"
"ERROR"	5140	"2006-08-13 12:24:08.447"	"Source: IOCPOperationParser::ParseOperation, Code: HM4367, A client has failed to connect."
"ERROR"	5140	"2006-08-13 12:24:30.479"	"Source: IOCPOperationParser::ParseOperation, Code: HM4367, A client has failed to connect."
"ERROR"	5140	"2006-08-13 12:25:06.931"	"Source: IOCPOperationParser::ParseOperation, Code: HM4367, A client has failed to connect."

Posted: 2006-08-17 22:14
by cveillon
Very weird! :roll:

Thanks!

Posted: 2006-08-18 08:00
by martin
I think SMTP stopped working on your computer when the last "A client has failed to connect." occured. So I think it stopped responding at 21:36:04 and then you tried to restart the server at 11:29:42.