there is an option to avoid save incoming email in \Data, retain it in memory and just save to final domain subfolder?

Use this forum if you want to discuss a problem or ask a question related to a hMailServer beta release.
infohmail
New user
New user

there is an option to avoid save incoming email in \Data, retain it in memory and just save to final domain subfolder?

Post by infohmail » 2019-07-18 10:02

Doing so reduce hd i/o with performance boost. thank you.

RvdH
Senior user
Senior user

Re: there is an option to avoid save incoming email in \Data, retain it in memory and just save to final domain subfolde

Post by RvdH » 2019-07-18 21:29

No there is not, maybe you can build it?

https://github.com/hmailserver/hmailserver
CIDR to RegEx: d-fault.nl/CIDRtoRegEx
DNS Lookup: d-fault.nl/DNSTools
DNSBL Lookup: d-fault.nl/DNSBLLookup
GEOIP Lookup: d-fault.nl/GeoipLookup

Dravion
Senior user
Senior user

Re: there is an option to avoid save incoming email in \Data, retain it in memory and just save to final domain subfolde

Post by Dravion » 2019-07-19 06:17

There is no need to do something like this.

The BOOST C++ Framework is designed to handle File and Network I/O via Windows IO Completion port.
This means every File/Folder or Network Operation is organized with Asynchronous Threading which has the ability to delay
and balance I/O Operation without CPU or Traffic spikes and scales very well with many CPU Cores.

That is why hMailserver is well known for its Low CPU, low Memory and low Network footprint while other SMTP/IMAP-Servers
for Windows like Kerio or Zarafa behaving like Memory hogs and maxing out all or just a single CPU because the don't do it like this.

There are not many SMTP+IMAP Servers out there performing that well on Windows like hMailServer.
IMHO its the only SMTP and/or IMAP Server which has this Design approach.