Fetcher adds minute to fetch time, fetches deleted accts?

Use this forum if you want to discuss a problem or ask a question related to a hMailServer beta release.
sage12
New user
New user

Fetcher adds minute to fetch time, fetches deleted accts?

Post by sage12 » 2018-08-17 11:36

This is not a big problem but, it appears in my testing that fetchpop adds one minute to whatever interval you set. If I set it to 1, it checks every 2 minutes. Set it to 3 and it checks every 4 minutes.

Also, and I can't reconfirm this now because I completely reinstalled 4.0. I was experiencing some strange behaviour with fetchpop. During various parts of testing I was adding and deleting external accounts to check. At one point, I had 0 external accounts listed to check but hmail was checking anyway!! Not only that, but it appeared to me from examining the logs that hmail was checking the same accounts multiple times (maybe once for each time the account was added and deleted). The reason I suspect this is because many times when it was performing these checks it would log an error about the mailbox being locked due to an existing session. I suspected that somehow my installation was corrupt and completely removed the installation and reinstalled. Later when I have some more time I'll try to duplicate it again and post back, but for now I thought I should give you a heads up on this strange behavior.

jimimaseye

Re: Fetcher adds minute to fetch time, fetches deleted accts?

Post by jimimaseye » 2018-08-17 19:24

sage12 wrote:
2018-08-17 11:36
This is not a big problem but, it appears in my testing that fetchpop adds one minute to whatever interval you set. If I set it to 1, it checks every 2 minutes. Set it to 3 and it checks every 4 minutes.
That is definitely not my experience - I user External Download for all of my accounts. They are all set at 1 minute checks and they all check every 1 minute (confirmed by logs and TCPVIEW).

sage12 wrote:
2018-08-17 11:36
Later when I have some more time I'll try to duplicate it again and post back, but for now I thought I should give you a heads up on this strange behavior.
Yes, you do that. Without evidence or proof this cant really be put to the bug lists. If you can provide screenshots and/or log files that clearly demonstrate your claim then it could then be filed for investigation/fix.
5.7 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829