Usability suggestsions

Use this forum if you want to discuss a problem or ask a question related to a hMailServer beta release.
Postie
New user
New user

Usability suggestsions

Postby Postie » 2017-05-23 15:25

First, Great stuff, this post is merely to make it better. I hope.

Issue 1 Description:

Backup/Restore

When performing either Backup or a Restore ( only teested with small ~8mb file) there is no visual indication that the operation completed never mind successfully.
However the log shows that all is well.

Would be great if it said via a dialog, that either it failed 'please show log for details, OK', or that 'Success, 'OK'.
Also changing cursor to hourglass and back would help.
If it is happening its so fast I can't see it even briefly change.

I suspect there is some sort of event blocking going on that prevents the cursor changing.

Issue 2 Description:

When performing Diagnostics
Select Domain
Click Start

Expectation: Set up criteria and click Start
Any previous results cleared and 'Working displayed, plus an Hourglass cursor.
Results displayed replacing the 'working' clue
Hourglass cursor returned to pointer.

Actual (1): If it works fine then you briefly see an hourglass then all Green results.

Actual (2): If it doesn't work then you see the previous results until the end of the operation, no hourglass cursor and it takes a while in which you think the previous results are current as there is no visual indication that it is still in progress.

Problems with mx records often result in the last scenario, where you test, fail, try something and re-test. It can be quite vexing :D

My current work around it to go to another screen and then come back before each test.

Issue 3 Description:

When adding a lot of new users (new Domain) the Save button keeps you on the latest new mailbox making it awkward to go to the Accounts list and click add again

I would like to see either a separate 'close' button -> back to Accounts List
Or an additional 'Save and close' button -> Accounts list
Or an additional 'Save and New' button -> Accounts list Add

jimimaseye

Re: Usability suggestsions

Postby jimimaseye » 2017-05-23 16:36

You may make your feature request/enhancement at: https://github.com/hmailserver/hmailserver/issues/
HMS 5.6.6 B2383 on Win Server 2008 R2 Foundation, + 5.6.7-B2415 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

Return to “Development & alpha discussions”