Deleted all attachments by script, but paper clip remains

Use this forum if you want to discuss a problem or ask a question related to a hMailServer beta release.
tbrg78_hm
Normal user
Normal user

Deleted all attachments by script, but paper clip remains

Post by tbrg78_hm » 2016-11-17 15:01

Hi there! o)

Just a short question.
I have a rule to execute a script function for specific incoming mail. That script function saves all attachments to disk and then deletes the attachment from the mail. That works alright but the mail client still shows the "paper clip" for these emails, although there are no attachments anymore.
Is there something else to do on the scripting side to get rid of that "has attachment" mark?

Thank you! o)
tb

mattg

Re: Deleted all attachments by script, but paper clip remains

Post by mattg » 2016-11-17 15:10

what mail client?

There may be attachment flags somewhere
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2016-11-17 15:24

I dont think you can do anything about that. The attachment clip, I believe, is there due to the mime headers in the email code itself. Even if you remove/save an attachment at client level (I use Thunderbird) the attachment clip stll remains (but then shows a big red cross to show it is no longer available). Its not a bad thing as the clip shows that the email once had an attachment and you might need to be aware of this.
5.7 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

tbrg78_hm
Normal user
Normal user

Post by tbrg78_hm » 2016-11-17 16:48

It's roundcube 1.2.

Ah yes! Checking headers seems reasonable. o) I found "Content-Type: multipart/mixed".
I guess that alone can be the cause for the paper clip? Will have some more reading and testing on this in case it really starts to annoy me. Currently, the remaining clip is not a big deal, I was just wondering whether there is something I overlooked in the scripting part and if there is a straight forward fix/answer to this.

Could have been some kind of bug as well, so.. o)

Thank you guys! o)