Please support 64bit (MySQL)

Use this forum if you want to discuss a problem or ask a question related to a hMailServer beta release.
louis2
New user
New user

Please support 64bit (MySQL)

Postby louis2 » 2010-12-18 11:43

Hello,

I am using 64 bit software nowadays and I am not alone.

So, I have a 64bit windows7 (home)server over here, which is ofcourse running a 64 bit version of MySQL.
That does not work and I do not think that there is a good solution for that.

There is another related point I dislike and that is the fact that hmail needs a copy of the dll in its directory.
- I would strongly(!) prefer if it would use a path towards the mysql bin dir (in the hmail settings)
- An even better idea IMHO is if it would use the mysql api and not the dll

Bottum line, I would very much appriciate to have those points included in the new release.

Sincerely,

Louis

louis2
New user
New user

Re: Please support 64bit (MySQL)

Postby louis2 » 2010-12-18 12:35

Hello,

I forgot to mention another MySQL related point. hmail should *not* create a mysql schema, since it is normally allready there. Or the hmail installer should at least accept the fact that the schema is already there.

What is the point. Normally the way of working is like this (IMHO):
- mysql administrator creates a empty ^hmail-DB-schema^
- mysql administrator defines a user ^user-hmail^ and assigns rights related to the hmail DB to that ^user-hmail^
- than hmail is istalled using the given ^user-hmail^ and the schema ^hmail-DB-schema^

Given the fact that the hmail user and schema should be there *before* the installation of hmail itseld, it is IMHO not correct that hmail does not allow that during installation.

Louis

^DooM^
Site Admin

Postby ^DooM^ » 2010-12-18 14:18

louis2 wrote:Bottum line, I would very much appriciate to have those points included in the new release.

I would like the 20 odd feature requests I have made over the years added too, doesn't mean it will happen ;)

I agree on your second post though it should check or at least give the user a choice.
If at first you don't succeed, bomb disposal probably isn't for you! ヅ

mattg

Postby mattg » 2010-12-19 07:18

hMailserver DOES work with MySQL 64 bit database...

You just need the 32 bit dll in the hmailserver folder, not the 64 bit dll.
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

acorrea
New user
New user

Postby acorrea » 2017-06-09 19:54

The installation was a nightmare :( . I installed hMailServer, MySQL and my other applications on Windows Server 2016 x64 Bits.
MySQL x64 bits, (I tried install x86 bits but it was not possible on this OS :x ).
The installation of hMailServer was succes, but I tried to connect with database MySQL and it informe to me that need to include into the file "libmysql.dll" in to path "C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\Bin" then I pasted this file from the file in the path of the my installation of mySQL but it not worked. I download the .zip of mySQL connect where the file was, but it didn't work either.
Finally I copied the file from other server that I haved an old version of hMailServer and it works well.

I'm going to leave the full "Bin" folder of version 5.4 of hMailServer for something, but you only need the file "libmysql.dll".
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r5c37p70rrrq0mo/AABcGlmONFr5FK6dyMu9YI6Ca?dl=0
Regards

jimimaseye

Postby jimimaseye » 2017-06-09 20:14

acorrea wrote:I'm going to leave the full "Bin" folder of version 5.4 of hMailServer for something, but you only need the file "libmysql.dll".
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r5c37p70rrrq0mo/AABcGlmONFr5FK6dyMu9YI6Ca?dl=0
Regards

You havent said anything new here - this is broadcast everywhere - in this thread above, on this forum MANY times (eg viewtopic.php?f=21&t=27557 and viewtopic.php?f=21&t=29726) and even in the instructions at the time of installing.
HMS 5.6.6 B2383 on Win Server 2008 R2 Foundation, + 5.6.7-B2415 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

mattg

Postby mattg » 2017-06-09 22:51

importantly
mattg wrote:You just need the 32 bit dll in the hmailserver folder, not the 64 bit dll.

acorrea wrote:The installation was a nightmare :( .
:lol: :lol:
#1 Install 64 bit Mysql
#2 install hMailserver
#3 acquire 32 bit libmysql.dll as jimimaseye says, detailed in this thread and many others AND in the install screens as you install

Hard to see following 3 step instructions to be a nightmare
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

Return to “Development & alpha discussions”