Interface changes that I would like to see implemented in ve

Use this forum if you want to discuss a problem or ask a question related to a hMailServer beta release.
Chris1
Normal user
Normal user

Interface changes that I would like to see implemented in ve

Post by Chris1 » 2008-02-20 03:36

8) Hello Martin.

First I would like to thank you for the program and it is working very well for me. I'm using the latest stable version of version 4 and I read that you was rewriting the interface to version 5. So I am listing some problems that I would like to see fixed in version 5. I should point out that I'm legally blind and using a screen reader for computer access.

The biggest problem that I have is when I move from control to control by pressing the tab key the tab order is not constricted to the tab in the view. What I am saying is if I have a particular user's account selected in the tree view and I have the rules tab selected in the list of tabs across the top if I move from control to control by pressing tab or backwards through the controls by pressing shift plus tabbed the focus will move on to the next tab across the top without bringing the next tab into view. Also the save button and the exit button never gain focus.

The next thing that I would like to see changed is the tabs across the top it would be very nice if you could change it into a multi-tabbed dialog box so I can move from tab to tab by pressing control plus tab.

Thank you for reading.

martin
Developer
Developer

Re: Interface changes that I would like to see implemented in ve

Post by martin » 2008-03-21 19:05

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean but I think those issues have been fixed. I tested to set up a domain, account and rule using only keyboard in v4 and that's a real pain. Sometimes the focus is "lost" and set to some invisible control. In version 5, it's not perfect but at least much more smooth. I didn't have any problems setting up a structure without using mouse. (Still some work to do to get it perfect but at least it's better..)

bigcrawdaddy
Normal user
Normal user

Post by bigcrawdaddy » 2008-03-25 12:09

Martin,

I too am legally blind but do not at this time use a screen reader but I do use a Windows Color Setting of High Contrast #1. I'm using alpha build 283. My issue is that the Tree in the left pane shows up as black text on a black background. The black background is correct because that is the color setting of the color setting. All other text in the right pane and tabs shows as yellow/green as it should.

FYI This is not the only program I have ever used that has this type of issues for legally blind users. I run into it all the time.

I love your server. The one I was using is no longer supported so I had to find something new. Keep up the Great Work.

Thanks

martin
Developer
Developer

Post by martin » 2008-03-25 20:54

Sorry for that. It will be fixed in the next version 5 build. To be honest, I didn't consider this when designing the new user interface. I probably just thought "this tree should have a white background" and didn't consider different Windows color settings. But it's fixed now - I've configured the tree to honor the color settings made by the user in Windows.

bigcrawdaddy
Normal user
Normal user

Post by bigcrawdaddy » 2008-03-25 21:45

Martin,

Thanks tons!!!!! Have to tell you have complained to many many people about this type of issue with their programs and your the very first who has ever understood and fixed the issue. And I must say you did it very fast.

Thanks again

martin
Developer
Developer

Post by martin » 2008-03-25 22:04

A bit sad to hear. Anyway, next build will hopefully be available tomorrow.