It is possible to specify an email address that receives all emails
being sent to non-existent addresses on your domain. For example, you
as existing accounts. But there's a risk that someone might misspell an email address, writing
The solution is to specify an account - either a previously existing one, or one created for the purpose - to be the catch-all account
. All email sent to non-existent addresses on the domain will then be delivered to the catch-all account.
- Start hMailAdmin
- Expand the Domains node and select the domain, say,
- Create a new account with the name
- Select your domain, and enter
email@example.com as catch-all address
- Save the changes
- The catch-all address can be any email address you like. It does not have to be strictly of the form
- The catch-all address does not have to belong to an account on your domain or even on hMailServer. You can forward messages to external servers.
- If you want hMailServer to reject any messages sent to non-existent addresses in your domain, you should not specify a catch-all address.