[HMS 4.3] Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'com_exception'

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
SiLenCer
New user
New user

[HMS 4.3] Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'com_exception'

Post by SiLenCer » 2006-11-08 09:57

Hello @ all, just installed the newest HMS 4.3 on my 2003 IIS and it works fine with mysql 4.1 and PHP5. But... :wink: phpwebadmin is confusing me... please have a look on the message that appears after login:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'com_exception' with message '<b>Source:</b> hMailServer COM library<br/><b>Description:</b> You do not have access to this property / method. Ensure that hMailServer.Application.Authenticate() is called with proper login credentials.' in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\phpwebadmin\background_login.php:71 Stack trace: #0 c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\phpwebadmin\background_login.php(71): com->Domains() #1 c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\phpwebadmin\background_login.php(38): Login('***', '***') #2 c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\phpwebadmin\index.php(36): include('c:\Inetpub\wwwr...') #3 {main} thrown in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\phpwebadmin\background_login.php on line 71
I just checked com libraries and rights of this directory.... everything seems to be ok?! "You do not have access to this property / method" sounds strangly :idea:

What went wrong?

CU
Olli

martin
Developer
Developer

Post by martin » 2006-11-08 13:53

Have you copied the latest PHPWebAdmin from the hMailServer directory to the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot? PHPWebAdmin for 4.1 is not compatible with hMailServer 4.3.

SiLenCer
New user
New user

Post by SiLenCer » 2006-11-08 18:16

ooooooooooooh... first of all, i was running 4.2... and second i forgot to copy the webadmin directory. now it works!

Thanks 4 you help! :-)

martin
Developer
Developer

Post by martin » 2006-11-08 19:17

Hmm, no, you were using 4.3. The error message you posted does not exist in 4.2.

SiLenCer
New user
New user

Post by SiLenCer » 2006-11-08 19:26

befor the upgrad to 4.3 i used 4.2 :)

martin
Developer
Developer

Post by martin » 2006-11-08 19:27

Understand now. :)

SiLenCer
New user
New user

Post by SiLenCer » 2006-11-08 19:35

my mistake ;-)

typhoonit
New user
New user

Post by typhoonit » 2006-11-20 07:24

I'm having the same problem after upgrading. I deleted the old phpwebadmin and copied the one from the directory.

It was working fine before in the old version.

Any thoughts?

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'com_exception' with message '<b>Source:</b> hMailServer COM library<br/><b>Description:</b> You do not have access to this property / method. Ensure that hMailServer.Application.Authenticate() is called with proper login credentials.' in C:\<mypath>\include_treemenu.php:3 Stack trace: #0 C:\<mypath>\include_treemenu.php(3): com->Domains() #1 C:\<mypath>\index.php(86): include('C:\hosting\Loca...') #2 {main} thrown in C:\<mypath>\include_treemenu.php on line 3

typhoonit
New user
New user

Post by typhoonit » 2006-11-20 08:22

There seems to be an issue with the upgrade process.

I think I fixed this. I added the line:
$obBaseApp->Authenticate ("Administrator", "<my password>");
to the include_treemenu.php file before line 3. And it worked. But then I thought, why the heck did that work? So I took that line out, and it works without it now.

Is this authentication information cached somewhere? because I tried to specify it in the config.php file, but it seemed that it did nothing when added there.

Hope you guys figure out the cause of this, because this can get very frustrating for people trying to upgrade.

I figure Version 4.2 used different authentication info, then 4.3 was installed and it tried to use the 4.2 info that didn't work.

Note: I'm new to PHP so I was trying to figure this out for like 3 hours, and did several IIS Resets. So this is very persistant.

I'd love to hear your thoughts, becasue I'm afraid that I may have just temporarily fixed the problem.

By the way, the reason for the upgrade was that the changepassword script was not working with new PHP and new SquirrelMail. Now it works fine.

Great work, thanks I'm up and running now.

gandreotti
New user
New user

similar issue with Squirrelmail password change plugin

Post by gandreotti » 2006-11-21 14:29

Hi, I also updated from the 4.2 to the 4.3. No issue with PHPWebAdmin but with Squirrelmail change password plung-in. I see the change password screen input my old and new password and when I click the submit button I have:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'com_exception' with message '<b>Source:</b> hMailServer COM library<br/><b>Description:</b> You do not have access to this property / method. Ensure that hMailServer.Application.Authenticate() is called with proper login credentials.' in C:\Inetpub\squirrelmail-1.4.8\plugins\hmailserver_changepass\options.php:205 Stack trace: #0 C:\Inetpub\squirrelmail-1.4.8\plugins\hmailserver_changepass\options.php(205): hmailserver_changepass_go() #1 C:\Inetpub\squirrelmail-1.4.8\plugins\hmailserver_changepass\options.php(164): hmailserver_changepass_go('dummy2') #2 C:\Inetpub\squirrelmail-1.4.8\plugins\hmailserver_changepass\options.php(35): hmailserver_changepass_check() #3 {main} thrown in C:\Inetpub\squirrelmail-1.4.8\plugins\hmailserver_changepass\options.php on line 205
Any idea?
Minds are like parachutes, they only function when they are open

^DooM^
Site Admin

Post by ^DooM^ » 2006-11-21 15:30

check the documentation for DCOM permissions.

martin
Developer
Developer

Post by martin » 2006-11-21 19:33

I don't think that's the problem in this case. I think:
- Either you have not copied the latest SquirrelMail plug-ins from the hMailServer directory to your SquirrelMail plug-ins directory
- Or you have not specified the main hMailServer Administration password in the config file for the plug-in.

typhoonit
New user
New user

Post by typhoonit » 2006-11-21 22:37

Any comment on the issue I raised before gandreotti?

martin
Developer
Developer

Post by martin » 2006-11-21 22:47

Typhoonit, that's why you should not reuse existing threads for your own problems - often you won't get any answer..

But yes, the login info is cached in a session. You need to close down your web browser to end the session - or log out from PHPWebAdmin.

I doubt that the problem had anything to do with the upgrade itself. These things aren't effected by the upgrade itself. As you said yourself, you didn't really upgrade the scripts, you replaced them completely.

Have you had the problem since you experienced it the first time?

typhoonit
New user
New user

Post by typhoonit » 2006-11-21 22:59

No everything has been running fine.

I'm new to the software (I installed 4.2 1 week before upgrading to 4.3) I really just wanted to make sure that I had a handle on the cause of the issue.

It puts my mind at ease when i can match a problem to a solution, rather then wondering if it will crop up again in the future.

By the way, this experience has really put my mind at east as to the quality of the software and the service available.

I was experimenting with various servers and webmail scripts before stumbling across this one. I actually paid for a few vastly inferior components that I am no longer using since finding this hmail SM combo.

I'll be sure to donate to the cause, thanks for the help.

martin
Developer
Developer

Post by martin » 2006-11-21 23:13

You're welcome. The only possible causes I can see for your problem is that PHP in some way lost the login information in the session after you had logged on. This would explain why you were able to log on but then was thrown out immediately..

gandreotti
New user
New user

Password

Post by gandreotti » 2006-11-22 04:38

:oops: Thanks Martin, yes I forgot the password in config.php. I should always "rfm!"

But now after changing the password I have a HTTP 404 error. In this frame after changing password the url points on http://maisrv.com/plugins/htmailserver_changepass/src/options.php? and not on the http://maisrv.com/plugins/htmailserver_ ... ptions.php?

No issue with the vacation plugin. Will check my config again

Thanks
Minds are like parachutes, they only function when they are open