Hotmail, Yahoo and BTInternet Junk/Bulk Mail Issues

Forum for things that doesn't really have anything to do with hMailServer. Such as php.ini, beer, etc etc.
srand
Normal user
Normal user

Hotmail, Yahoo and BTInternet Junk/Bulk Mail Issues

Post by srand » 2006-04-19 11:32

Ok so here's the story..

All mail I send from my servers end up in the spam/junk mail boxes of Hotmail and Yahoo..

They all have fully valid SPF records, they're completely secure and aren't on any blacklists..

So I've contacted Hotmail and they were actually really helpful and fix the problem on one of my domains, so SPF record wasn't being read, but after the "updated" their records it now works. (beats me why they need to update things first considering this should be read from my DNS server).. The problem is they only updated 1 of my domains.. There's still another 20+ domains on my server - do they expect me to email them about these as well and get them added?! And then I have to get them to add every new domain?! They did try to get me to join the bonded sender program though.. What a joke..

I have had no luck from Yahoo, they keep sending me non-sensical copy and paste replies starting "We understand your frustration on receiving unsolicited email.." They blatantly aren't even reading my emails..

Has anyone else had this problem? Any tips for getting servers to automatically trust my server?

I should note that I have no problems with any other service, Gmail etc.. I would happily ignore Hotmail and Yahoo users, but alas that's not an option for my clients..

Any help would be much appreciated..

Si.

kerwinn
New user
New user

btinternet and yahoo

Post by kerwinn » 2006-11-01 18:51

Hello

I'm having exactly the same problem, have you had any joy resolving this? or had any luck with BT?

thanks

^DooM^
Site Admin

Post by ^DooM^ » 2006-11-01 22:07

Make sure your hostname is in the helo/ehlo greeting message would be one of the recommended settings also make sure your IP isn't registered as dynamic and make sure you have valid SPF records. Aside that theres not much else you can do but contact them I am afraid.

kerwinn
New user
New user

DNS stuff

Post by kerwinn » 2006-11-02 12:25

Cheers, setting up spf now. Hopefully it will work

srand
Normal user
Normal user

Post by srand » 2006-11-02 16:08

Not a huge amount of luck really with this, Hotmail is fine now, but Yahoo/BT (they use the same systems) can still go awry..

Get SID set up (Microsoft's version of SPF) you'll have to contact Hotmail directly and prove that you aren't a bulk sender, they were very helpful throughout this however..

Check here: http://postmaster.hotmail.com/

Apart from that there's not really much else I can advise..

Make sure your server passes all the tests at http://www.dnsreport.com

Si.

^DooM^
Site Admin

Post by ^DooM^ » 2006-11-02 17:18

Typical Microsoft.

They never want to use someone elses systems such as SPF and make everyone else use theirs. Muppets. :evil:

kerwinn
New user
New user

Bulk and Spam in btinternet and yahoo

Post by kerwinn » 2006-11-03 15:10

Spoke to bt and they told me to try this link out for the yahoo and yahoo type accounts, only just filled it in so dont know if it works yet:

Whitelist application request:
http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/mail/cgi_bulkmail

^DooM^
Site Admin

Post by ^DooM^ » 2006-11-03 19:39

Thanks for the info.

kbzone
New user
New user

Hotmail and Yahoo doesn't recive hmailserver emails

Post by kbzone » 2006-12-13 17:46

I had the same problem with my emails... but I saw the web page that post srand
and I get in to the page http://postmaster.hotmail.com/Troubleshooting.aspx.

In that page Windows Live Mail explains that if you have an "E-mail Auto-Protect feature" in your Antivirus software on your email server, then you'll have problems sending mails to them.

I had Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10.x with E-mail Auto-Protect feature, I deactivate it, and my problem were solved. :D

I hope you'll find this useful...
MySQL version -> 4.1.12a

on Windows 2000 Server