Post subject: 550 5.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname
PostPosted: 2009-10-08 08:13 
New user
New user

Hi all.

I was very excited to learn about hMailServer and get to install it. Installation went smoothly and mostly everything seems to be working at this point.
The only problem i have run into is that certain domains reject email from my domain with the following message:

Error Type: SMTP
Remote server replied: 550 5.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [xx.xxx.xxx.xxx]

I have just recently asked my hosting provider to configure the rDNS entry (+/- 7hrs ago it was done), and that seems good. I have also made sure that i told hMailServer which public host name to use according to the tutorial here: http://www.hmailserver.com/documentatio ... figuration

Is there anything i might be missing? I have been able to sent to Gmail accounts as well as MSN accounts, so i cant be too far from the prize.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Post subject: Re: 550 5.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname
PostPosted: 2009-10-08 08:35 

Some mail admins reject for all sorts of reasons. I have seen some reject based on country of origin. :) We even had one user here asking how to reject those with a domain name greater than 12 characters in length. :shock:

As you get rejected, check with them as to why. If you can send to gmail and Hotmail then you are doing pretty good.

Post subject: Re: 550 5.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname
PostPosted: 2009-10-08 10:28 
New user
New user

Thanks for your response mattg :)

So you reckon I'm probably set up pretty good? that's good news. Ill check with the rejecting domain's admin to see if they can shed some light on the problem for me.

If you (or anyone else) can think of something else it could be, i would appreciate your post.