Forward mails to a specific mail address to an external account

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
m.traeumner
New user
New user

Forward mails to a specific mail address to an external account

Post by m.traeumner » 2020-01-28 13:01

Hi,
at first I will describe my environment.
We have an external domain, lets say mydomain.com. This domain is hosted by an Internet service provider with a few mail addresses, contact@mydomain.com as catchall address and address1@mydomain.com for an external connection with an IPAD. Internal we have configured the following mail addresses at hmail server: contact@mydomain.com also as catchall, address2@mydomain.com, address3@mydomain.com and so on. With hmail 5.6 we had some memory issues, so we updated to 5.7.

At 5.7 we have the problem that every mail from an internal account, which is sent to address1@mydomain.com, is also sent to the local catchall address contact@mydomain.com. I know that sending it to the catchall is the right way and hmail 5.6 does it wrong, but perhaps you have ideas to configure it in another way, that works for us.
I hope my description is clear enough, if not ask and I try to describe it in another way.
Thanks in advance
Michael

palinka
Senior user
Senior user

Re: Forward mails to a specific mail address to an external account

Post by palinka » 2020-01-28 13:08

How is your hmailserver receiving mail from your ISP mailbox?

m.traeumner
New user
New user

Post by m.traeumner » 2020-01-28 13:59

Sorry, I've forgotton that, it's a POP3 connection.

mattg

Post by mattg » 2020-01-28 17:52

Create an SMTP relay for mydomain.com and point to the ISP's server
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

m.traeumner
New user
New user

Post by m.traeumner » 2020-01-31 12:31

Thanks for your answer,
we have solved it in an other way now. We set the contact address at hmail to a normal address, not a catchall address. Only at ISP it is a catchall.