Do you use hmailserver 5.4?

Use this forum if you want to discuss a problem or ask a question related to a hMailServer beta release.

Have you tried hmailserver 5.4?

Yes on LIVE production server & it WORKS GREAT!
52%
Yes on LIVE production server with minor issues I live with.
9%
Yes on TEST server & it works great! Will go live once BETA
5%
Yes on TEST server & it works well. Will go live once FINAL
No votes
Yes on TEST server but I have minor issues so I can't go live
No votes
No, I had too many issues!
1%
No, I am happy with version I have
9%
No, not had time..
11%
No, I am scared of alpha! MOMMY!
14%

Total votes: 94

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Do you use hmailserver 5.4?

Post by Bill48105 » 2011-05-12 19:21

hmailserver 5.4 has been in alpha for quite awhile now. As noted in the forums we'd like some feedback on 5.4 from people using/testing it to know if it is working OK & if it is ready to be BETA on way to being production release.

That's where this post with poll comes in! If you haven't already, please consider downloading 5.4 alpha:
(Don't miss the "Important notes on this version" section on that page but note than many of us such as myself have been running 5.4 for months. If you are unsure, only install on a test computer. Otherwise best practices such as backups & only on a machine you are willing to risk running into downtime & issues with apply. Certainly think long & hard before putting this on a critical server!)
http://www.hmailserver.com/?page=download_latest

Please vote! - Please vote! - Please vote! - Please vote! - Please vote!
* Re-voting is allowed so come back & change your vote if your situation/opinion changes
* Post response to explain your vote
Thanks!
Bill

EDIT:
Latest OFFICIAL releases (often beta or alpha) can be found here:
http://www.hmailserver.com/index.php?pa ... oad_latest
Latest UNOFFICIAL EXPERIMENTAL releases can be found here:
http://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewto ... 10&t=21420
hMailServer build LIVE on my servers: 5.4-B2014050402
#hmailserver on FreeNode IRC https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#hmailserver
*** ABSENT FROM hMail! Those in IRC know how to find me if urgent. ***

rjk
Normal user
Normal user

Re: Do you use hmailserver 5.4?

Post by rjk » 2011-05-12 21:45

I initially upgraded in order to sort out a problem with an older version, and it worked good for that. I was having an error that I thought was because of the new version, but I moved to a new server and that issue disappeared despite my using the same alpha version. I would say it is working great!

One beef with it (as always) is that the PHPWebAdmin does not necessarily include all the functions of the main interface, and that one or two of the functions are in different places or work slightly differently. That is the last bit of polish that I think is needed, although it has been that way in production versions.

Bill, and especially Martin, thanks for a great product!
hMailServer 5.5.2-B2129 on Server 2008 R2 VM
MySQL 5.5.25, IIS 7.5, PHP 5.6.2 via FastCGI, RoundCube 1.0.3
XenServer 6.0 on HP DL380 G5 32GB RAM

mattg

Post by mattg » 2011-05-13 01:56

Bill,

You've shamed me as a momma's boy!!
I've downloaded it, and will run it.

I have been using the 5.3.4 Beta for a while without issues though. That does that count towards me not being a momma's boy?

Matt :mrgreen:
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2011-05-13 04:53

@rjk: Cool, good to hear. :) Afa phpwebadmin not being exactly the same as the GUI, that might be expecting too much from a php-based web app but I hear ya. ;)

@mattg: LMFAO! Supposed to detach once you get teeth! :D Let us know once you put away your sippy cup and try 5.4 k? hehe

Cheers!
Bill
#hmailserver on FreeNode IRC https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#hmailserver

mattg

Post by mattg » 2011-05-19 02:31

Good news

5 days absolutely no issues. installation when fine...
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.

mattg

Post by mattg » 2011-05-19 10:10

Ah!

Just realised that I have been putting up with my 'UID has changed' error so long, that I am considering it 'normal behaviour'. I still have that with the same ruthless efficiency that I have 'enjoyed' the last many months, no change in behaviour unfortunately.

Matt

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2011-05-19 17:49

mattg wrote:Good news

5 days absolutely no issues. installation when fine...
Woo nice mattg! Appears you changed your vote too! :D
mattg wrote:Ah!

Just realised that I have been putting up with my 'UID has changed' error so long, that I am considering it 'normal behaviour'. I still have that with the same ruthless efficiency that I have 'enjoyed' the last many months, no change in behaviour unfortunately.

Matt
LOL bummer. Yeah I didn't figured your problem was 'fixed' by 5.4. I've been using Outlook with hmail IMAP since November & only had the problem happen once. ONCE! Not sure why you have it so often but must be something pretty unique to you, your setup and/or your usage methods.. As I mentioned before I believe the issue is how Outlook does IMAP in conjunction with concurrent access to the same mailbox and/or changes that occur in that box while Outlook is in a given state, such as IDLE. When it happened to me I had outlook open connected to the box via IMAP and at the same time was downloading emails into outlook via POP (I do that every few days to keep my box clean) and while outlook was deleting messages from the server a new email was delivered to that same mailbox & hmailserver notified Outlook via IMAP that a new message had arrived. The UID's ended up out of order due to the timing of all of those events & outlook threw the error you dread so much. The problem is heck if I can duplicate it! It is THAT rare and unlikely. It appears further locking or better handling of UID's is needed but at the same time it seems so rare to even bother with (other than you mr lucky lol) and it appears to only be with Outlook. Have you tried Outlook 2010 to see if Microsoft fixed it? Odds are we can work in some kludge fix (like maybe delaying notification of new message might help) or as I said locking down boxes more when in-use but I have a feeling possibility of new issues might outweigh the risk.. As I said before it seems you have the magic touch unless others come forward with the error being an issue (happening to me once in 6 months is far from causing me to lose sleep over lol).

Anyway welcome to 5.4! Glad you took the leap of faith! :D
Bill

ITSyncForce
Normal user
Normal user

Post by ITSyncForce » 2011-05-20 11:01

I have 2 issues on 2 installations. Both Windows Server 2008 R2. We use MS SQL as database backend

Issue 1:
When I try to open an item in the deilvery queue I get the message "Could not find file 'C:\Windows\system32\{xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx}.eml'." I installed the program on D:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer and the mail's appear in the Data dir so all seems to work fine besided that.
This happens on both servers. 1 is a fresh install (used as secundairy MX), the other is an upgrade of version 5.3.4 (and that was an upgrade from previous versions).

Issue 2:
As the machines are virtual servers (Hyper-V) I backup the virtual harddisks once a week. On the secondaire MX after the backup has started SMTP is unresponsive, all other network traffic still works, I can still logon remote (RDP), use RPC and connect to other servers from this server. So there is no network problem Only a reboot will fix this. This issue is not happening on the primairy MX.

I have rebuild this machine from scratch to so if this fixes the problem. It does not. I have moved the virtual machine to another host, it does not. So it seems to be something in hmailserver.

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2011-05-20 17:58

Thanks for the feedback ITSyncForce. Probably should create your own thread & link to it from here since doubt this will be resolved with a simple reply but here I go:

Issue1: That is strange as I can't imagine why hmailserver would be trying to use the windows/system32 folder for EML files.. Wonder if it is a 'protected folder' type thing that can happen on vista/7. Tough to do on a live server but had you tried installing in a non 'special' folder like C:\hmailserver (vs program files for example)? Since you got vm's you might try that & see if it makes a difference. I've had weird stuff happen with Win7 with various programs that install into program files that store files in that folder vs storing in user folder or another folder so could be related. Could be a bug in 5.4's new method of determining folder paths but I've not see that particular thing happen & not sure why it'd use that folder.. Worth creating a new thread on & discussing further to work towards enough to put in a bug report. (Seeing log snippet around time it happens might give us clue as to what is happening too but again in a new thread would be great.)

Issue2: Another odd one. What are you using to backup the vhdd? If it was an hmailserver problem I'd expect it to happen on all of them & not just the 1. Seeing logs around the time the backup starts & problem happens might be useful so maybe start a thread & we can discuss it. Things such as does restarting the service help or require reboot of the vm, does restarting SQL help, etc.

Thanks again for trying 5.4 & especially providing the feedback! Are you able to use 5.4 & get by with the above issues?
Bill
Ps. I forgot to ask if either of these problems happened with earlier versions of hmailserver, especially issue2. Thx!

mattg

Post by mattg » 2011-05-21 00:06

Also for issue 2, does the VM have multiple NICs?

Slug

Post by Slug » 2011-05-21 20:41

mattg wrote:Bill,
You've shamed me as a momma's boy!!
A Momma's Boy ?? What the hell Matt .... Speak English Man :lol:

Michael
Missing Hmailserver ... Now running Debian servers

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2011-05-26 16:55

Thanks for the voting so far everyone! Looking quite good actually which is very encouraging! Perhaps this will help convince people 5.4 'alpha' isn't as unstable as perhaps people are assuming. ;) 1 more week until 6 month anniversary of me migrating my server to hmailserver 5.4 and it's working great!
Bill

mns17
Normal user
Normal user

Post by mns17 » 2011-05-27 06:11

HMail 5.4-B1925

HmailServer Administrator

In the left panel:
Domains + - My domain + - Accounts + - Add AD account..- select user - OK

Accoutns not display in left panel while Domains + - My domain + - Accounts - F5

BUT sometimes it works correctly. (Don`t need F5)

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2011-05-27 15:34

Hi mns17,
Thanks for the info. I'm mainly looking for either general comments on how 5.4 is working compared to earlier versions or deal-breaker bugs that are new in 5.4 to help get 5.4 to beta at least & hopefully 'released' status soon. Your input is appreciated though.

I don't use AD so tough for me to help much. But is this NEW to 5.4 or did this problem happen in earlier versions too? Sounds like you should file a bug report so it can be investigated further (odds are it's something martin would look into) unless you want to create a thread to discuss it or try to find workarounds.
Bill

mns17
Normal user
Normal user

Post by mns17 » 2011-05-27 16:01

Bill48105 wrote: But is this NEW to 5.4 or did this problem happen in earlier versions too?
Its only 5.4

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2011-05-27 16:07

mns17 wrote:
Bill48105 wrote: But is this NEW to 5.4 or did this problem happen in earlier versions too?
Its only 5.4
Ok thanks. Well please file a bug report with specific details on how to reproduce it. Sounds like a nuisance type bug but still should be looked at & hopefully easy to resolve.
Bill

mns17
Normal user
Normal user

Post by mns17 » 2011-05-30 04:18

Hi, Bill

Only in HMail 5.4-B1925

HmailServer Administrator - Status - Delivery queue - Double click on messge - have error:

Файл "C:\Users\MyUser\Desktop\{7F70CA6E-1721-4A5B-B882-D4D2953BBA44}.eml" не найден.

File "C:\Users\MyUser\Desktop\{7F70CA6E-1721-4A5B-B882-D4D2953BBA44}.eml" not found.

In hmailserver.ini :
[Directories]
DataFolder=d:\hmail\data

OS - WinServer Std 2008 SP2

Hmailserver installed in to C:\Program Files\hMailServer

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2011-05-30 09:10

Hi mns17,
Thanks for the info. Yeah that is a known issue that came up in 5.4 presumably due to the fact full paths are not stored for each message in the database. Not sure if a bug report was filed for that or not but I'd bet is very low priority.
Bill

mns17
Normal user
Normal user

Post by mns17 » 2011-06-02 12:18

Hi, Bill

Only in HMail 5.4-B1925

Distribution list - list@domain.ru
Members of list
user@domain.ru
user@mail.ru

If Send message From user@domain.ru To list@domain.ru
Then massage is delivered To user@domain.ru each retries of delivery

Example:
If Number of delivery = 5 (greylist on mail.ru) Then massage delivered To user@domain.ru 5 times
and in to mailbox user@domain.ru we have a 5 copies of the massage

That at successful attempt of delivery from addressees don't leave addresses of the domain @domain.ru

In original lang (RU):

Если послать письмо ОТ user@domain.ru КОМУ list@domain.ru
То письмо будет доставленно user@mydomain.ru столько раз, сколько будет попыток доставки этого письма другим получателям.

Например: Если попыток доставки письма было 5 (включен greylist на mail.ru), то в ящике user@domain.ru будет во Входящих лежать 5 копий этого письма.

Получается. что при удачной попытке доставки из получателей не удаляются адреса своего домена @domain.ru

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2011-06-02 16:01

Thx mns17. That is very strange as I have about 10 distribution lists with 1000's of addresses & have yet to see that. I wonder if has to do with a specific response from the remote end.. (You mention greylist but not actual error message which I'd like to see.. That might help me reproduce here.) Does the problem happen if you send normal email to both addresses or just dist list?

If you can reproduce this enough to know for sure it is bug in 5.4 please file a bug report with important info especially log lines showing each deliver attempt. If the logs are private you can email them to martin@hmailserver.com & link to your post and the bug report. No need for entire log files, just the areas in question that show each delivery attempt (especially the 1st one) from start to finish so we can see what it is about your particular case that is doing it.

I hope 5.4 is working great for you otherwise.
Thanks!
Bill

A1200
New user
New user

Post by A1200 » 2011-06-02 16:23

All good here.

mns17
Normal user
Normal user

Post by mns17 » 2011-06-03 09:30

Bill48105 wrote:Does the problem happen if you send normal email to both addresses or just dist list?
No, is problem only if send to dist list

Logs file atach some later

Meister
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Meister » 2011-06-03 16:52

Hi,

In this page: http://www.hmailserver.com/?page=download_latest you mention that
"There are no guaranteed upgrade paths to or from this version."

I understand, that there is no way to downgrade, but what is the chance to not allow upgrade from the current alpha version to a next version?

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2011-06-03 19:25

Meister wrote:Hi,

In this page: http://www.hmailserver.com/?page=download_latest you mention that
"There are no guaranteed upgrade paths to or from this version."

I understand, that there is no way to downgrade, but what is the chance to not allow upgrade from the current alpha version to a next version?
I think martin is being extra cautious in all the 'standard disclaimer' warnings on that page.. (Along the lines of us telling you 100x to backup before upgrading, risks of doing any upgrade, etc) The key word there is "guaranteed". With the alpha's, things could change quickly & it could be possible there are changes made (especially in the database) that cause major headaches with maintaining SQL update scripts for every possible combination of every alpha/beta release. Since no SQL changes have been made in 5.4 since original alpha release odds are that won't be an issue. (That is one reason why I chose to use the INI file vs database for all the changes I made in 5.4.. To help reduce the hassle factor of tons of DB changes.)

Anyway, there are a bunch of us are using 5.4 (last I checked martin used it as do DooM & myself and as you can see by the poll many others) & we're certainly not going to leave ourselves high & dry any more than we would intentionally do so to any of you. Just realize if you're using one of the non-release versions there is a slight chance there won't be a direct upgrade path with future releases but odds are there will be at least an indirect one, even if it means upgrading to in-between versions or possibly doing some manual changes if needed. Unlikely but possible if it was required.

Part of the reason I did the poll was to help ease some of the angst people were having over 5.4 being alpha & hoped that it'd help people on the fence see that it's not a super scary unknown beast. IMO the latest 5.4 alpha is better than the current release (due to rare but known bugs) but the latest 5.3.x beta has that & some of the 5.4 fixes in place although I still feel latest 5.4 is superior to that 5.3.x beta as well.

In any event, if you are considering going with 5.4 you should do so understanding the risks which may or may not be higher than upgrading to an official release.
Bill

chpalmer
Normal user
Normal user

Post by chpalmer » 2011-06-15 08:01

HMail 5.4-B1926
Windows Enterprise Server 32bit

Using Wampserver on the machine so Im using the mysql build from Wamp as my email DB...

We only average about 100 total emails a day for the company so not a high amount of traffic...

Works flawless so far... no errors showing up in the logs.

:wink:

FiShBuRn
Normal user
Normal user

Post by FiShBuRn » 2011-07-08 16:18

yesterday i update my main server to last 5.4 and now im getting this errors randomly:

Code: Select all

"ERROR"	1944	"2011-07-08 15:13:04.765"	"Severity: 2 (High), Code: HM4316, Source: TCPServer::Run(), Description: Failed to bind to local port. Error: Normalmente só é permitido uma utilização de cada endereço de socket[nl](protocolo/endereço de rede/porta). Address: 0.0.0.0, Error code: 10048, Port: 110. This is often caused by another server listening on the same port.To determine which server is listening on the port, telnet your server on port 110. Make sure that no other email server is running and listening on this port, and then restart the hMailServer service."
"ERROR"	1944	"2011-07-08 15:13:04.765"	"Severity: 2 (High), Code: HM4316, Source: TCPServer::Run(), Description: Failed to bind to local port. Error: Normalmente só é permitido uma utilização de cada endereço de socket[nl](protocolo/endereço de rede/porta). Address: 0.0.0.0, Error code: 10048, Port: 143. This is often caused by another server listening on the same port.To determine which server is listening on the port, telnet your server on port 143. Make sure that no other email server is running and listening on this port, and then restart the hMailServer service."
"ERROR"	1944	"2011-07-08 15:13:04.765"	"Severity: 2 (High), Code: HM4316, Source: TCPServer::Run(), Description: Failed to bind to local port. Error: Normalmente só é permitido uma utilização de cada endereço de socket[nl](protocolo/endereço de rede/porta). Address: 0.0.0.0, Error code: 10048, Port: 465. This is often caused by another server listening on the same port.To determine which server is listening on the port, telnet your server on port 465. Make sure that no other email server is running and listening on this port, and then restart the hMailServer service."
"ERROR"	1944	"2011-07-08 15:13:04.765"	"Severity: 2 (High), Code: HM4316, Source: TCPServer::Run(), Description: Failed to bind to local port. Error: Normalmente só é permitido uma utilização de cada endereço de socket[nl](protocolo/endereço de rede/porta). Address: 0.0.0.0, Error code: 10048, Port: 993. This is often caused by another server listening on the same port.To determine which server is listening on the port, telnet your server on port 993. Make sure that no other email server is running and listening on this port, and then restart the hMailServer service."
"ERROR"	1944	"2011-07-08 15:13:04.765"	"Severity: 2 (High), Code: HM4316, Source: TCPServer::Run(), Description: Failed to bind to local port. Error: Normalmente só é permitido uma utilização de cada endereço de socket[nl](protocolo/endereço de rede/porta). Address: 0.0.0.0, Error code: 10048, Port: 995. This is often caused by another server listening on the same port.To determine which server is listening on the port, telnet your server on port 995. Make sure that no other email server is running and listening on this port, and then restart the hMailServer service."
Anyone else is having this problem? Im sure there is nothing else running in this ports...

^DooM^
Site Admin

Post by ^DooM^ » 2011-07-08 16:35

Do you have antivirus transparent proxy running on your server?
If at first you don't succeed, bomb disposal probably isn't for you! ヅ

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2011-07-08 16:38

^DooM^ wrote:Do you have antivirus transparent proxy running on your server?
You beat me to it! The logs clearly tell you something is on those ports.. Question is what & why you didn't have problem before..
Try this utility:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html
Bill

FiShBuRn
Normal user
Normal user

Post by FiShBuRn » 2011-07-08 16:43

^DooM^ wrote:Do you have antivirus transparent proxy running on your server?
Nop, nothing....this only happens with this version.

I also stopped hmailserver and tested the ports and nothing.

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2011-07-08 16:45

FiShBuRn wrote:Nop, nothing....this only happens with this version.

I also stopped hmailserver and tested the ports and nothing.
As much as we'd love to help how about you start a thread instead of mucking up this one? ;)
(We're looking for feedback here not ongoing conversations or providing help to try & keep this thread clean..)
Thx!
Bill

FiShBuRn
Normal user
Normal user

Post by FiShBuRn » 2011-07-08 16:46

Sorry....:s i will do that...

mns17
Normal user
Normal user

Post by mns17 » 2011-07-22 05:08

Hi, All.

Where i can download an Source code of the hmailserver 5.4?

mattg

Post by mattg » 2011-07-22 07:19

Here I think >> svn://hmailserver.com:13600

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2011-08-09 05:15

Wow I must say the poll results are looking great! Better than I even expected considering it is alpha. Thanks to all who took the time to try out 5.4 & vote so far. :)
Bill

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2011-08-22 05:01

WOO WOO!!!!! martin officially made 5.4 BETA today! :D
http://www.hmailserver.com/index.php?page=download
"hMailServer 5.4 - 1931 (22 downloads since 2011-08-21. Change log)"

rjk
Normal user
Normal user

Post by rjk » 2011-08-22 18:22

And it includes 7zip! Tested and working great!
hMailServer 5.5.2-B2129 on Server 2008 R2 VM
MySQL 5.5.25, IIS 7.5, PHP 5.6.2 via FastCGI, RoundCube 1.0.3
XenServer 6.0 on HP DL380 G5 32GB RAM

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2011-08-22 21:50

rjk wrote:And it includes 7zip! Tested and working great!
Oh yeah forget to mention that and a few other goodies martin snuck in. :D

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2011-10-27 15:57

FYI: Latest & greatest experimental hotfix builds will be kept posted up here:
http://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewto ... 10&t=21420

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2012-01-28 05:51

BUMP: Stats looking good based on the voting!

prisma
Senior user
Senior user

Post by prisma » 2012-01-30 17:05

In Germany we say:
I don't believe any statistics I haven't counterfeit myself :)

Or in other words, the truth is in the eye of the beholder: The second big group of voters are scared MOMMY!! And they want a stable release...

katip
Senior user
Senior user

Post by katip » 2012-01-30 20:48

prisma wrote: The second big group of voters are scared MOMMY!! And they want a stable release...
Ok then, let's go IMHO. Mal sehen :D

Bill (&Martin)
I think, it's time...
Katip
--
HMS 5.7, MariaDB 10.4.10, SA 4.0.0, ClamAV 0.103.8

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2012-01-31 00:36

Pfft by that same argument more people say not enough time or happy with what they have than scared of alpha so why bother. ;)
Truth is an official release is waiting on martin as I've been ready to call any build for the past year release.
Bill

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2012-05-11 19:34

Been awhile since anyone has posted here & poll #'s don't seem to change. This off the radar? How is 5.4 working for people these days?
Thx!
Bill

^DooM^
Site Admin

Post by ^DooM^ » 2012-05-11 22:12

Stable and in production. Just keeps on runnin'!
If at first you don't succeed, bomb disposal probably isn't for you! ヅ

huntor
New user
New user

Post by huntor » 2012-05-11 23:20

I can't really say I have had any issues with it since upgrading to 5.4 version. Awesome product.

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2012-05-12 01:56

Thanks ^DooM^ & hunter. Glad to hear things are working well for you guys, same here. I hope to be able to work on some hmail stuff again soon but awesome people haven't been having urgent issues.
Bill

katip
Senior user
Senior user

Post by katip » 2012-05-12 07:29

B2011120101 running on 2 production + 1 home servers since months. never seen a single issue.
Katip
--
HMS 5.7, MariaDB 10.4.10, SA 4.0.0, ClamAV 0.103.8

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2012-05-12 18:01

katip wrote:B2011120101 running on 2 production + 1 home servers since months. never seen a single issue.
Nice! Thanks for the update. :)

mattg

Post by mattg » 2012-05-13 01:58

Just looking at the dates in this thread, it is nearly exactly a year since I upgraded. Certainly not looked back.

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2012-05-13 05:02

mattg wrote:Just looking at the dates in this thread, it is nearly exactly a year since I upgraded. Certainly not looked back.
Cool beans matt! Same here. Glad to hear others are having the same great experience. :)
Now if we could just get 5.4 released by martin we can have a real milestone. :D

Cloudmaster
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Cloudmaster » 2012-05-29 15:08

Now onto the latest build, no apparent problems apart from the one discussed in the off-topic section

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2012-05-29 19:41

Cloudmaster wrote:Now onto the latest build, no apparent problems apart from the one discussed in the off-topic section
Ok great! So you're using 5/28 experimental or official beta B1942 that martin released a few weeks ago? Either way great news if it's working for you. Thanks for the update.
Bill

EDIT: Latest OFFICIAL releases (which I try to keep my experimentals based on) can always be found here:

Cloudmaster
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Cloudmaster » 2012-05-31 09:35

On to 28/5 build

mattg

Post by mattg » 2012-06-03 04:03

Bill48105 wrote:... or official beta B1942 that martin released a few weeks ago?
Where is this Bill?

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2012-06-03 05:09

mattg wrote:
Bill48105 wrote:... or official beta B1942 that martin released a few weeks ago?
Where is this Bill?
LOL pretty bad when even mods can't find it. :D Hell if i know where I got the link originally (I think DooM) but it is on the download_latest page:
(I always go to download page then add _latest at end of URL to get to it). A link really should be on the download page but meh not my site. lol Maybe I should add the link to the top post above.. Just don't want people to get confused between the latest official & my experimental releases.
Bill

mattg

Post by mattg » 2012-06-03 08:48

Thanks

it wasn't on the main download page. The Beta available there is the previous official release

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2012-06-03 16:20

mattg wrote:Thanks

it wasn't on the main download page. The Beta available there is the previous official release
Yeah it's confusing but that's martin's puppy. None of us have access. :)

fkuchta
New user
New user

Post by fkuchta » 2012-06-04 11:14

Hi,
I just vote for the first answer : I use v5.4 and it works great.

I dont have any problem, I use alias a lot, 2 domains, filters, black lists : all is ok !

Thank you a lot for this great soft.

Fabrice,
Toulouse, France

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2012-06-04 15:55

Thanks for the feedback Fabrice! We love to hear it. :)
Bill

fkuchta
New user
New user

Post by fkuchta » 2012-06-04 17:34

Bill48105 wrote:Thanks for the feedback Fabrice! We love to hear it. :)
Bill
;-)

I have to be more precise : I use 5.4b1931 (the beta release in the Download section), and not the beta releases found in the forum.

Fabrice