Sned email using external account

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
amsbas
New user
New user

Sned email using external account

Post by amsbas » 2011-06-25 08:56

Hi guys,

I'm new with hmail, and I read most documents in the site but I didn't find what I'm looking for.

I already install stand-alone hmailserver with local domain (test.local) I don't have internet domain everything is going fine I can send email from (user1@test.local) to (user2@test.local)

Then I create external account for each user:
(user1@gmail.com) with account (user1@test.local)
(user2@gmail.com) with account (user2@test.local)

The pop3 is downloading good and each user getting his email normally.

Now what I need is to send emails from local account using external account to any internet email for example:

(user1@test.local) want to send email to (test1@hotmail.com) so (test1@hotmail.com) should receive email from (user1@gmail.com)

Please help me guys I hope it's possible to do it.

dzekas
Senior user
Senior user

Re: Sned email using external account

Post by dzekas » 2011-06-25 11:36

You don't need hacks with non existing local domains, if you want to send emails from external account to external account in your email server. Setup IP range for your workstation IP address and allow external-to-external deliveries without authentication in hMailServer administrator utility. Make sure that don't do that for Internet range. Only selected IP addresses must be able to relay mail without authentication.

amsbas
New user
New user

Post by amsbas » 2011-06-25 16:34

Actually I didn’t get it, but the client doesn’t have internet in their workstations and I want to keep them like this for some reasons also I want them to email each other’s internally even if there is no internet.

If your idea same as I need please give me more explanation.

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2011-06-25 17:09

amsbas wrote:Actually I didn’t get it, but the client doesn’t have internet in their workstations and I want to keep them like this for some reasons also I want them to email each other’s internally even if there is no internet.

If your idea same as I need please give me more explanation.
This help?
http://www.hmailserver.com/documentatio ... t_up_local

When you say they have no internet, I assume that means you are blocking them in the router or removed their gateway/router IP or something along those lines since the computers NEED TCP/IP to talk to a mail server, even a local one on the same network..
Bill
hMailServer build LIVE on my servers: 5.4-B2014050402
#hmailserver on FreeNode IRC https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#hmailserver
*** ABSENT FROM hMail! Those in IRC know how to find me if urgent. ***

amsbas
New user
New user

Post by amsbas » 2011-06-25 17:21

Yes I'm blooking them from using internet but they have TCP/IP active and the can comunicate with hmailserver and send emails to each other

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2011-06-25 17:33

amsbas wrote:Yes I'm blooking them from using internet but they have TCP/IP active and the can comunicate with hmailserver and send emails to each other
OK so in that case you followed the directions I linked to and it's working & you are set?
Bill
#hmailserver on FreeNode IRC https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#hmailserver

amsbas
New user
New user

Post by amsbas » 2011-06-25 18:54

the link you send is for how to install local intanet mail, I'm already done with it long time ago but my problem is how to send using external account

amsbas
New user
New user

Post by amsbas » 2011-06-25 18:57

Please read my first post, maybe I didn't explain my issue very well so if you have any doubt let me know

rolaids0
Normal user
Normal user

Post by rolaids0 » 2011-06-25 19:25

You'll have issues sending as gmail or other services that publish spf records. Your best bet here is to relay through them.

dzekas
Senior user
Senior user

Post by dzekas » 2011-06-25 19:44

amsbas wrote:Please read my first post, maybe I didn't explain my issue very well so if you have any doubt let me know
Do you want to rewrite sender information (replace user@local-address with user@gmail.com), when local user tries to send email to external address?

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2011-06-26 02:47

amsbas wrote:Please read my first post, maybe I didn't explain my issue very well so if you have any doubt let me know
Oh yeah sorry I should have read the post before I.. WAIT I DID READ IT! Problem it is a mess & makes no sense. You either want to have a stand-along local-only server OR you have real server setup properly to work on the internet. There is no in between, or at least not if you actually expect people to accept your email.
Bill

amsbas
New user
New user

Post by amsbas » 2011-06-26 03:10

dzekas wrote:
Do you want to rewrite sender information (replace user@local-address with user@gmail.com), when local user tries to send email to external address?

yes exactly

amsbas
New user
New user

Post by amsbas » 2011-06-26 03:18

Bill48105 wrote:
Oh yeah sorry I should have read the post before I.. WAIT I DID READ IT! Problem it is a mess & makes no sense. You either want to have a stand-along local-only server OR you have real server setup properly to work on the internet. There is no in between, or at least not if you actually expect people to accept your email.
Bill
Hi Bill :) first don't think I'm kidding I'm just wondring if you understand my question :roll: .

I already have the server and this server is connected to internet

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2011-06-26 04:45

amsbas wrote:Hi Bill :) first don't think I'm kidding I'm just wondring if you understand my question :roll: .

I already have the server and this server is connected to internet
Hard to say for sure what you mean, I can only guess. (Probably why you've had 3 different people respond to you here but get nowhere)

Sounds like you setup fake local domain & use 'external accounts' in hmail (pop3 pulling) to grab email from gmail which I take it is working fine. But you want to reply out to those emails as if you are sending from the original gmail account not your fake domain by setting @gmail.com as your email address in your email client. You can't really do that by sending directly to public servers since receiving servers will see it is spoofed/faked & usually reject it. You'd need to send thru a valid gmail server. If gmail lets you relay thru them then great go that way (create route in hmail or set them up as smart host) otherwise it is a fruitless adventure & a big waste of time.
Bill

amsbas
New user
New user

Post by amsbas » 2011-06-26 05:20

Really now you get exact what I need, and I gave gmail as example actually I have different domain so how I can do this route in my purpose especially each user has different user name and password.

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2011-06-26 14:40

Route is for 1 destination domain (like all mail sent to gmail) vs smart host (smtp relayer) is to route ALL mail except those defined in Routes. When you setup a route or relayer you have option to use smtp auth where you define user/pass that hmail logs in with before sending. Most remote hosts don't restrict that sender match the user/pass that was used but some could. In other words try it with one of your user's user/pass combo & see if the remote allows it or not otherwise might be not possible since hmail doesn't have option to use diff user/pass when sending.
Bill

amsbas
New user
New user

Post by amsbas » 2011-06-26 18:07

Thanks
I'll give try and comeback to you