Post subject: HMailServer Web Acces
PostPosted: 2010-10-27 16:37 
New user
New user

Does anyone know if HmailServer has got the Web Access facility like the one you find in Microsoft Exchange and its outlook clients for web email access??

please help :D

Post subject: Re: HMailServer Web Acces
PostPosted: 2010-10-27 17:41 
Senior user
Senior user

woundeddove09 wrote:
[b]Does anyone know if HmailServer has got the Web Access facility like the one you find in Microsoft Exchange and its outlook clients for web email access??

hMailServer is a standard email server. You are free to install any webmail client you like.

PostPosted: 2010-10-27 17:41 
Developer

Heck of a place to post this.. hmailSERVER is a server. Although hmail comes with php web-admin to access some server/user settings sounds like you are talking about webmail system which is web-based email CLIENT. Pretty much any that is IMAP/POP compatible should work with hmail. You'll want to search but many people use RoundCube, Squirrelmail, Afterlogic WebMail and many others.
Bill

DOGE ME: DSqtEcqP3Qv6Tj2XrGNpDmEUkSBcpBsuWk

PostPosted: 2010-11-05 09:26 
New user
New user

sorry guys, i can see you are not getting my question here, i mean, if you are using MSExchange, you can configure your clients to log on from anywhere in the World as long as they are connected on the internet thus thats WebAccess im talking about, you configure certain ports and you can download mail from your server any place in the world , WebAccess, so i want to ask if HMailserver can provide that functionality where i can be able to configure my serve so that i can let my clients log on from anywhere in the world using any email client. :idea:

PostPosted: 2010-11-05 09:55 
Site Admin

Here is a handy guide

PostPosted: 2010-11-05 15:32 
New user
New user

woundeddove09 wrote:
so i want to ask if HMailserver can provide that functionality where i can be able to configure my serve so that i can let my clients log on from anywhere
in the world using any email client. :idea:

That is the point of the hMail Server. Once you make it run, it runs. If you want to make it accessible from the world all you have to do it is to put it on some public IP address directly or through some NAT router.

PostPosted: 2010-11-05 17:47 
Senior user
Senior user

woundeddove09 wrote:
sorry guys, i can see you are not getting my question here, i mean, if you are using MSExchange, you can configure your clients to log on from anywhere in the World as long as they are connected on the internet thus thats WebAccess im talking about, you configure certain ports and you can download mail from your server any place in the world , WebAccess, so i want to ask if HMailserver can provide that functionality where i can be able to configure my serve so that i can let my clients log on from anywhere in the world using any email client. :idea:

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlook_Web_Access OWA is webmail for Exchange server. So either your question was not correct or you don't realize that Microsoft's WebAccess thing is called webmail in any other setup.

If you want to use any email client with hMailServer, you are free to do that. POP3, IMAP and SMTP communication protocols are standard. Any normal email client can use them. POP3, IMAP and SMTP ports are open by default in hMailServer. If they are not open in your setup, then you closed them yourself and you should know how to reopen them.

PostPosted: 2010-11-26 14:49 
New user
New user

I use SquirrelMail.

Attachments:
sm_outlook.JPG
sm_outlook.JPG [ 53.6 KiB | Viewed 5400 times ]

PostPosted: 2010-11-26 21:21 
Normal user

We use AfterLogic WebMail Light :)

Attachments:
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg [ 86.2 KiB | Viewed 5392 times ]

PostPosted: 2010-12-10 08:23 
New user
New user

any link on how to integrate AfterLogic WebMail Light or Squirrel to hmailserver? thanks

PostPosted: 2010-12-10 13:40 

No real integration as such.

Both installed separately, change settings in Squirrelmail or Afterlogic to match your server installation, similar to what you would do to set up a mail client...
Check their (Squirelmail or Afterlogic) individual documentation for more detail on how to set them up.