Post subject: Re: avast antivirus
PostPosted: 2010-06-22 15:20 

Yes

You should confirm with the support channels of both of those programs though, just to make sure that they don't clash. (But I wouldn't expect any issues)

PostPosted: 2010-06-22 16:09 
Developer
Developer

If your hardware can support it you should be able to run every antivirus, antispyware, antimalware anti-whatever available.. The issue is with real-time scanning & how they embed with Windows to do that and how they interact with each other not only during scanning of clean files but especially infected ones. If you only had 1 real-time & 20 on-demand only scanners that you ran as needed I doubt it'd ever be an issue although I've heard of them detecting each other and 'add-on' things like firewalls & heuristics & such causing grief when running more than 1.

On top of the huge possibility of conflict you have to ask if you really need more than 1 scanner. In your case sounds like the 2 compliment each other rather than replace (likely some redundancy but not too bad) so odds are they should be fine but as matt said check with both to see if there are any known issues or give them a try & watch carefully for issues. :)
Bill

DOGE ME: DSqtEcqP3Qv6Tj2XrGNpDmEUkSBcpBsuWk

PostPosted: 2010-06-30 16:14 
New user
New user

argueritha wrote:
Is it OK to have Avast antivirus and Spyware Doctor both installed on the same computer? I know that installing 2 antivirus programs on a computer can be disastrous. But is it ok to install an antivirus program (Avast) and spyware removal (Spyware Doctor) on the same computer?

I've just removed Avast from my computers and replaced it with AvgFree. I had paid for Avast for the server and all against the rules, I installed it on the LAN. Between my stupidity and its own, a trojan installed itself and gave me grief for awhile. Avgfree can be integrated with hMailServer. As regards Avast, I don't like being shot in the back.

PostPosted: 2010-06-30 16:34 
Developer
Developer

Any AV is only as good as the updates and the user making sure it's kept updated.. That & user habits of course.

Btw last I checked the free version of AVG has delayed updating vs the paid one but that could have changed.. (Point being you'd be less protected if that is the case, assuming that's of concern to you. :D )
Bill

DOGE ME: DSqtEcqP3Qv6Tj2XrGNpDmEUkSBcpBsuWk

PostPosted: 2010-10-09 08:28 
New user
New user

How i can get the idea or recognize about the computer virus, i mean, how would i know, i have a virus in my computer? If i have a virus in my computer, how i can eliminate it from my computer?