Nod Antivirus

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
BA_Dimitris
Normal user
Normal user

Nod Antivirus

Post by BA_Dimitris » 2007-01-26 21:41

I have a wink2003 along with hmaiserver 4.3.1 B253.
I use for external antivirus nod32. Although I'm not the person that set up the server I have to support it, and I am new to hmailserver. Concerning my antivirus program we use a batch file containing the following

REM NOD32 Scan Batch File
@echo off

date /t >> "C:\Program Files\hMailServer\Bin\Nod32Scan.log"
time /t >> "C:\Program Files\hMailServer\Bin\Nod32Scan.log"
echo Scanning file %1 >> "C:\Program Files\hMailServer\Bin\Nod32Scan.log"

"C:\Program Files\ESET\nod32.exe" /pattern+ /heur+ /arch+ /sfx+ /pack+ /scanboot- /scanmbr- /scanmem- /list- /sound- /subdir- /expire- /selfcheck- /quit+ /log+ /logappend /log=C:\PROGRA~1\hMailServer\Logs\NOD32.log %1

My problem is that viruses do pass my hmailserver and come up to my outlook 2000 clients where again NO32 on my clients catch the virus inside the message (attachment)

I have checked that both versions of NOD are the same (client and server) and also both virus databases are the same.

Does anyone have an idead around this ??
:shock:
Dimitris
hMailServer 5.3.2 B1769 MSSQL
Win 2003 R2 SP2 / Roundcube/Horde/AfterLogic

bazporter
Normal user
Normal user

Post by bazporter » 2007-01-26 22:33

I use nod32 too using the External Virus Scanner configuration in hMailServer with the following command string:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\ESET\nod32.exe" /quit+ /selfcheck- /list+ /scanfile+ /scanboot- /scanmbr- /scanmem- /arch+ /sfx+ /pack+ /mailbox+ /ntfs- /sound- /pattern+ /heur+ /ah /adware /unsafe /log+ /logappend /log=C:\Logs\NOD32.log "%FILE%"
Set the Return Code to 1

Works brilliantly for me.

--
Regards
Barry

BA_Dimitris
Normal user
Normal user

Post by BA_Dimitris » 2007-01-27 11:57

Thanks a lot bazporter

I checked your command line and I can see some differences, although most of the parameters are the same. I also have the return value equal to 1.
I will change mine according to yours and I'll keep an eye on my server for a couple of days to see if the problem is solved.

Thanks again

Regards
Dimitris
hMailServer 5.3.2 B1769 MSSQL
Win 2003 R2 SP2 / Roundcube/Horde/AfterLogic