marked read mail go back to unread

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
stefanonovelli
New user
New user

marked read mail go back to unread

Post by stefanonovelli » 2019-10-17 14:58

hi all,
I have a customer with hmail 5.6.7B2425.16 and MS SQL 2017 express inside a W2016 virtual machine;
before this installation was hmail 5.6.7B2425.16 and internal db.
One mouth after migration, if the customer marks an email as read after a few seconds the message goes back to unread.
Initially, he used Outlook 2016 and now he use Thunderbird but the problem is always here.
More, message marked read in one pc, on another pc is unread also after minutes. (apparently never)
One hmail user accessed by three pc through IMAP, little more than 75000 messages and 6 Gb in hmail data folder
I will go soon to the user office to check the problem:
Any suggestion?
Upgrade to 5.6.8?
Do I have any problem win MS SQL?
Do I make a new empty installation and copy recent emails?
Regards
Stefano

mattg

Re: marked read mail go back to unread

Post by mattg » 2019-10-17 16:45

Unless you have a script marking messages as read / unread this is always a mail client thing

check that the user doesn't have two mail clients accessing the same account at once
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

stefanonovelli
New user
New user

Post by stefanonovelli » 2019-10-17 17:12

Mattg,
he have two pc with one client per pc accessing same account: same situation since about 6 months, before with internal db and since about one mounth with ms sql.
User sets also manually as read an email (tried outlook 2016 and thunderbird) and this email after little time go back as unread

mattg

Post by mattg » 2019-10-17 17:18

This is a mail client issue

Nothing to do with your database or your hmailserver
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

stefanonovelli
New user
New user

Post by stefanonovelli » 2019-10-17 22:44

The fact that db and hmail server are innocent it's good news;
the thing that seems strange to me is two pc, two software to read email and the same, according to the customer, problem
but I thank you for the suggestion and I will check windows and hmail log to find error origin and, I hope, his solution.
Regards