I can't receive email but i can send,

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
tech9
New user
New user

I can't receive email but i can send,

Post by tech9 » 2019-10-13 09:03

Can you help,? I can send email but i can't receive. this is my configuration in my dns
"https://i.ibb.co/f44FBTW/dns-server.png"

jim.bus
Senior user
Senior user

Re: I can't receive email but i can send,

Post by jim.bus » 2019-10-13 10:45

Can't say anything about your hMailServer set up since you don't show anything for it but your DNS appears to be the reason why you can't receive any email.

I am assuming you left the last node of the IP Address blank on purpose. I will use substitute IP Address 192.169.110.xxx for your IP Address.

I can't quite make out your host names due to blurred nature of picture. I will substitute mydomain for your Host Names.

You have an A Record for mydomain.com pointing to IP Address 192.168.110.xxx. This is an incorrect IP Address as it is an IP Address reserved for Local LAN IP Addresses and is not addressable from the Public Internet.

You have an A Record for mail.mydomain.com pointing to IP Address 192.168.110.xxx which is an invalid IP Address for the same reason it is not addressable from the Public Internet.

You have an A Record for mail.mydomain.com which points to IP Address 192.168.110.xxx which again is an invalid IP Address because it is not addressable from Public Internet.

You have an MX Record which points to mydomain.com which would probably work if the correct IP Addresses were valid Public IP Addresses but I'm not sure since I haven't seen DNS working this way typically but I would think it would work otherwise.

The usual MX Record set ups I have seen typically would point to the Hostname mail.mydomain.com.

I also do not know where you are trying to send email from. If you are sending email from outside your Local Network (Public Internet) then definitely you will not receive email with your current DNS Records because again the IP Address 192.168.110.xxx needs to be a valid Public IP Address.

In order to ensure sending email Servers will not treat you as sending SPAM or Malware, you should also set up a TXT Record for SPF and PTR entries.

jim.bus
Senior user
Senior user

Re: I can't receive email but i can send,

Post by jim.bus » 2019-10-13 12:16

jim.bus wrote:
2019-10-13 10:45
Can't say anything about your hMailServer set up since you don't show anything for it but your DNS appears to be the reason why you can't receive any email.

I am assuming you left the last node of the IP Address blank on purpose. I will use substitute IP Address 192.169.110.xxx for your IP Address.
Correction to my prior Post. This quoted line should have read 'I will substitute IP Address 192.168.110.xxx for your IP Address.'