Email client Thunderbird configuration

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
loneranger
New user
New user

Email client Thunderbird configuration

Post by loneranger » 2019-09-28 08:29

Hi,
After setting up Diagnostic checks, passed I setup an account with Thunderbird ver 60
But fetching email not OK with username/password but I entered correctly as in Server. still no luck.
but sending to yahoo.com OK successfully, when I checked Webmail, both Inbox and Spam folder don't have my email.

No idea what went wrong?
hMailServer Diagnostic2.jpg
hMailServer Diagnostic3.jpg
hMailServer Diagnostic1.jpg

loneranger
New user
New user

Re: Email client Thunderbird configuration

Post by loneranger » 2019-09-28 08:33

More
hMailServer Diagnostic4.jpg
hMailServer Diagnostic5.jpg
hMailServer Diagnostic.jpg

mattg

Post by mattg » 2019-09-28 09:20

My guess is that you haven't forwarded POP3 ports form your router to your hMailserver,
OR

That you are trying to connect using IMAP in Thunderbirtd and haven't enabled that protocol in HMailserver
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2019-09-28 10:19

loneranger wrote:
2019-09-28 08:33
More
[Images].....
(Thats one way of doing it. I suppose).

[Entered by mobile. Excuse my spelling.]
HMS 5.6.6 B2383 on Win Server 2008 R2 Foundation, + 5.6.7-B2415 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

palinka
Senior user
Senior user

Post by palinka » 2019-09-28 11:31

loneranger wrote:
2019-09-28 08:29
Hi,
After setting up Diagnostic checks, passed I setup an account with Thunderbird ver 60
But fetching email not OK with username/password but I entered correctly as in Server. still no luck.
but sending to yahoo.com OK successfully, when I checked Webmail, both Inbox and Spam folder don't have my email.

No idea what went wrong?
Please just copy and paste the text. Nobody on mobile can read that from screenshots.

But yeah, probably port forwarding or something wrong with internet IP range.

loneranger
New user
New user

Post by loneranger » 2019-09-28 23:24

Thanks to all,

Yes I haven't put ports forward my router. I don't yet know how to do it. I'll find it out
In hMailserver Administrator program - Server status - server address is not there as well.

while setting up account, I only selected Pop3 and Smtp because I opted out of IMAP protocols in hMailServer Ad
I wonder, sent testing emails to my another web email address went successfully but nothing received on that email account both Inbox and Spam folder. Maybe Yahoo not accepting my domain

Have a good day

loneranger
New user
New user

Post by loneranger » 2019-10-02 08:16

I tried putting ports forward.Remove my WiFi router and connected with my LAN RJ-45, sadly same problem.
When I configured it, it was OK As in this pic
1st.jpg
After that I sent an test message and sent successfully but unable to fetch it by Thunderbird.
Today again I did, it went successfuly and I logged into Yahoo email and found only ( which I missed earlier)
sent on 27th Aug in Spam folder. So I moved to Inbox and fetched it with Tbird. ( wonder how did it go through and later not)
Here it is
2nd.jpg
Now, whenever send an email, it is sent successfully but the other end not receiving it. And it doesn't bounce back to me either as un-deliverable mail. When I sent with my Yahoo account to my loneranger.kmn.info. it went OK, 2 minutes later it bounced back as un-deliverable email address. Even though I enabled logging in server side and started and tested all, nothing is recorded
When I fetched anything from my hMailServer, not valid User or password is a response even though user, and password I entered are correct.

When I have time, I uninstall this ver 5.6.7 B2425 and try older version like the from 2010.
Strangely, i think this one was created automatically when I ran my server successfully [REMOVED]

mattg

Post by mattg » 2019-10-03 01:51

If you have enabled all logging and there are no logs created then you are NOT connecting to your hMailsevrer
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

jim.bus
Senior user
Senior user

Post by jim.bus » 2019-10-03 08:07

Looking at one of his hMailServer Diagnostic Reports, I see where he is connecting to mail.hmailserver.com. While I don't immediately see how this factors into his problem, I don't believe he should be connecting to mail.hmailserver.com. I would believe that would be a No-No as he should own no Domains on that Email Server and I would think it unlikely he would be sending any Email with that Email Server.