Configure IMAP/SMTP name, ports and account details

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
JulKl2207
New user
New user

Configure IMAP/SMTP name, ports and account details

Post by JulKl2207 » 2019-09-27 09:07

Good morning, everyone,

I have the following question. Is there the possibility with hmail servers to set the correct parameters in a config-file, which the server then returns with a mailbox setup. I mean the correct server name for imap and smtp, username and SSL ports. We have to change the imap/smtp name ourselves at each mailbox that we set up and manually set the SSL ports to 993 and 465.
There is already a prefix imap.mailserver.com but I need mailserver.com as address for example. Is there a file to declaire this setup? The same way, that the username is the complete mail address.

Do you have an idea? Many thanks and a nice weekend.

Many greetings
Julian

jimimaseye

Re: Configure IMAP/SMTP name, ports and account details

Post by jimimaseye » 2019-09-27 09:13

There is this: https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewt ... 21&t=31549

Other than that, no.
HMS 5.6.6 B2383 on Win Server 2008 R2 Foundation, + 5.6.7-B2415 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

Dravion
Senior user
Senior user

Post by Dravion » 2019-09-27 09:23

Autodiscover for MS-Outlook and Autoconfig for Thunderbird. Both needs to be setup by Webserver and/or DNS-Server entries.

But nowdays it's not realy becessary bc Outlook abbd Thunderbird are defaullting to tge cirrect SSL/TLS abd STARTTLS Settibgs on their own.

JulKl2207
New user
New user

Post by JulKl2207 » 2019-09-27 09:54

Thanks a lot both of you!
It's mostly about mailclients on the smartphones, so android and iOS. Both always try to set up imap.mailserver.com although we use mailserver.com. If I want to use the xml and php files shown in the link, do I have to create them on the hmailserver or do they already exist?
Can you tell me where I can find them and how I can integrate them?

Many greetings
Julian

I've read in more now and I know where to find it. It depends of course on the server and the corresponding database. So I'm happy about the link from the Dutchman. :) Which is also in the other topic.
I will try to implement this now and will contact you again, if there is something worth knowing, also for other admins.

Thanks again