IMAP mail not syncing to all devices

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
craigberry
New user
New user

IMAP mail not syncing to all devices

Post by craigberry » 2019-06-13 10:49

We have a new problem on our hmailserver (Version 5.6.7-B2425 on Windows server 2008 8Gb Ram no performance issues) whereby we are getting mail delivered as expected automatically to IOS devices but they don't appear on our desktop mail clients (Thunderbird/Outlook) unless we restart the client completely.

We have 150Gb in hmailserver/data and the server has been running fine for many years.

Can anyone shine any light on why this would suddenly happen as its very frustrating

Cheers,

mattg

Re: IMAP mail not syncing to all devices

Post by mattg » 2019-06-13 13:49

Make sure that you have all of the IMAP extensions selected in the admin GUI
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

craigberry
New user
New user

Post by craigberry » 2019-06-14 16:02

Thanks we had 'sort' turned off - will this need a restart of hmailserver?

regards,

Strickt
New user
New user

Post by Strickt » 2019-06-27 00:26

I'm having the exact same problem. Server has been the same and almost untouched for 3 years and working solid. Then about the same time, 6/13/2019 of this year I started getting multiple users reporting their phones were still updating but their desktop email clients were not. Some using Thunderbird, some using Outlook 2013, some using Outlook 2016, and all connecting via IMAP. Recently it stopped updating for me too and I use Thunderbird.

Nothing has changed recently...

Most users reporting inbox is not updating, one user reporting he's receiving hundreds of duplicate emails...then they all disappear. Some reporting that certain emails have potentially been deleted by the antivirus so we checked antivirus logs and nothing reported. We shut off antivirus...still having problems.

All extensions are checked under IMAP and always have been..

mattg

Post by mattg » 2019-06-27 13:15

Please start a new thread and link back to this one if you think relevant
Strickt wrote:
2019-06-27 00:26
I'm having the exact same problem.
The the exact same solution should apply

Please detail some specs of your server, and detail the workload
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

Strickt
New user
New user

Post by Strickt » 2019-06-27 19:34

I looked at that, it was already checked. All the extensions were. Nothing has changed on the server in 3 years. Not even new accounts or domains..

SorenR
Senior user
Senior user

Post by SorenR » 2019-06-27 21:30

Strickt wrote:
2019-06-27 19:34
I looked at that, it was already checked. All the extensions were. Nothing has changed on the server in 3 years. Not even new accounts or domains..
You probably picked up a buggy MS update along the way :wink:

hMailserver is not changed in 3 years, IOS & Android work - so the only other "unknown" in the equation is Windows...
SørenR.

The quantum rule of insecurity which states that the act of observing how vulnerable a host or service is changes the insecurity level of the service.