All working fine, execpt *one* public folder

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
estradis
Normal user
Normal user

All working fine, execpt *one* public folder

Post by estradis » 2018-08-27 10:30

HMS runs very well, but there is exactly *one* public folder with a load time between 10-20 seconds, although less than 100 mails are contained in this folder. In the log files I only see that HMS works correctly, but no references to loading times.

The configuration of the folder is as follows:
- 2nd level folder below "Public"
- Contains subfolders for archives (2017, 2016, etc.)
- Access to folders is restricted via group on 1st level.

authorizations are:
- Administrator => Full access
- Team => Everything except "Create mailbox" and "Delete mailbox".
- Anyone => "Insert Mail"

I have applied this configuration to several folders and it works as desired. Only this one folder shows excessive loading times. (The subfolders also load normally)

What could be the cause?
What else can I check / do?

jimimaseye

Re: All working fine, execpt *one* public folder

Post by jimimaseye » 2018-08-27 10:36

Recreate it and copy the emails over to the new folders. Then delete the old one.

This will rule out your hmailserver configuration. However if the problem is in the contents of a message (likely) then it will follow.

(Presumably you are using outlook, right? )
5.7 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

estradis
Normal user
Normal user

Post by estradis » 2018-08-28 10:25

I created a temporary folder within a mailbox and copied the emails into it. Then I created another folder and copied only emails of the same category into it until I found the cause. It turned out that certain report emails are responsible for the delay, but I still have to find the exact error. HMS is definitely nothing the problem!

Thanks for the advice. It helped me to find the way again, which I had not seen any more because of all the stones on it.

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2018-08-28 15:03

Yes, I suspected it would be an email. Probably one of extra large dimensions.
5.7 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

estradis
Normal user
Normal user

Post by estradis » 2018-08-30 09:12

jimimaseye wrote:
2018-08-28 15:03
Yes, I suspected it would be an email. Probably one of extra large dimensions.
I totally agree!

It turned out that the smallest email is at least 1MB in size, the largest just under 4MB. I will therefore transfer my investigaion to the sending central management system.

And thanks again!
Your little hint had a big impact!