Mobile Devices & IMAP - Missing Emails

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
drakakistours
Normal user
Normal user

Mobile Devices & IMAP - Missing Emails

Post by drakakistours » 2018-06-04 10:48

Hi All

I have a strange issue with mobile devices and IMAP...

Basically, I have 2 emails that were received on 7th May from the same person that are on the server and are visible from any PC running Outlook, but are not visible on an iOS device running the Outlook app, nor on an Android device using the basic Mail app.

I'm not sure if it's a hmailserver issue, or a mobile device issue...any ideas anyone?

mattg

Re: Mobile Devices & IMAP - Missing Emails

Post by mattg » 2018-06-04 11:00

If the mails are visible then I'd guess not a hMailserver issue

Try with thunderbird on the server or webmail just to confirm that these mail are visible
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

drakakistours
Normal user
Normal user

Post by drakakistours » 2018-06-11 11:16

Hi Matt

It is also visible on Thunderbird on the server, so very likely not an hMailServer issue.

Just wondering if anyone had come across this before as google is giving me zilch.

Cheers
Jonathan

mattg

Post by mattg » 2018-06-11 12:47

Are they plain text or HTML

Perhaps you could check the message source...
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

drakakistours
Normal user
Normal user

Post by drakakistours » 2018-06-13 09:13

An update, I finally got the offending ipad in my hands for more than 5 minutes today!

Still not sure where the problem is... probably the outlook app.

The emails (html) were not originally delivered to problememail@domain.com, they were delivered to another address and moved there using outlook.

I tested this on some other emails, but they were still visible, so maybe not the problem, may be part of it... not sure.

Secondly, if I moved the problem emails to another inbox (a different one to where they were originally sent) using outlook on a PC, and view that inbox on the same ipad, the emails are visible. But move them back to the original and they are not there.

I removed and re-instated the account, but still not there....

So basically, 2 emails out of thousands are not visible in one inbox when viewed on the Outlook App on the iPad (they are now showing on the Android device after playing about as above).

I am completely stumped!

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2018-06-13 12:24

"Outlook App on the iPad"

Say no more.
5.7 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

drakakistours
Normal user
Normal user

Post by drakakistours » 2018-06-18 09:09

:roll:

Dravion
Senior user
Senior user

Post by Dravion » 2018-06-18 10:14

:D

I remember a few Years ago the Windows Sourcecode leaked at some torrent site as ZIP-File and i read a bit in it, mostly comments from the Developers and i found comnents like "Exhange Server is a moron" and Outlook is a Idiot, we need to do this and that to prevent it from crashing LMAO :)