Database connection lost - Error 25039

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
hmailadmin1
New user
New user

Database connection lost - Error 25039

Post by hmailadmin1 » 2014-07-30 17:25

Hi Ladies and gents,

Hope everyone is well and TIA for taking a look at my post.
Here is my situation and I am hoping this is just as easy to fix.

1: All was working perfect - love hmailserver!!!
2. I purchased a bigger SSD and moved the entire hmailserver dir to the SSD via symbolic links in windows ( Stopped service of course )
3. Now the service starts but when I try to logon to the server I get the error stated in the subject line :
" The connection to the database is not available. Database connection error : Source: Microsoft SQL SErver Compact OLE DB Provider, Error: 25039.
Check your database settings in hmailserver.ini"

4. Checked them and saw it was still pointing to my old dir, so I pointed the file to the new dir. ( Thinking it might not be understanding sym links that well)

I am stumped right now and performed a search for my specific error and only found one post with my error.
I did not want to continue to play around and rather ask for assistance ( If it wasnt a mail server I would continue to play and try to figure out more)

Any help would be completely appreciated!

P.S I do not see a microsoft sql service under my services and I downloaded a tool to connect to it and it also states there are no connections currently on the machine. Is that normal?

Thank you in advance!

Tony.

hmailadmin1
New user
New user

Re: Database connection lost - Error 25039

Post by hmailadmin1 » 2014-07-30 17:30

Never mind just figured it out..... Though I will post my response in case anyone has same issue.

Check NTFS permissions - I needed to remove a user group even though I had added my user running the service.
NTFS is most restrictive and I had not noticed the "Users" group was set to Read, thus trumping my other user with the modify access.

Hope this helps someone in the future!

^DooM^
Site Admin

Re: Database connection lost - Error 25039

Post by ^DooM^ » 2014-07-31 23:11

Thanks for posting your response. Hate windows permissions at times :D
If at first you don't succeed, bomb disposal probably isn't for you! ヅ