The table hm_deliverylog is very large !

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
Julien@TLD
Normal user
Normal user

The table hm_deliverylog is very large !

Post by Julien@TLD » 2005-09-19 09:56

I use IIS 6.0 + PHP 5.0.5 + MySQL 4.0.14 + hMailServer 4.1 build 136. I saw that two tables in MySQL are very large. The first is hm_deliverylog which is 200 MB and about 35,000 records and the second is hm_deliverylog_recipients (2 MB and 35,000 records).
I opened hm_deliverylog and I do not understand whait I saw because the messages contained have been already delivered many days ago and the corresponding .eml files are no more in the Data folder.

Why the trace of this messages is yet in the database? How to remove them automatically after the message have been delivered?

Thanks

martin
Developer
Developer

Post by martin » 2005-09-19 12:04

I have a tip for you. Don't modify settings unless you know what the settings does. If you don't know what a setting does, read the documentation. If it can't be found in the documentation, ask here in the forum. :)

http://www.hmailserver.com/documentatio ... tings_smtp
Delivery log
The delivery log is used to log every delivered email to the database. You should not confuse the delivery log with the normal hMailServer log that logs to normal files. If you turn on the delivery log, you need to manually purge the hm_deliverylog* tables in the database from time to time.
So you should turn of the delivery log in the SMTP settings, then conenct to the database and manually purging the tables mentioned above.

Julien@TLD
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Julien@TLD » 2005-09-19 12:32

When I configure the SMTP options I thought "Delivery log" was file logging. Sorry, I will read more seriously the doc next time :)
Thanks for your reply.

martin
Developer
Developer

Post by martin » 2005-09-19 12:38

You're welcome. I've renamed the option to "Database delivery log" to make it more clear. :)