Greylisting Tarpitting "over the phone" live help

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
clectcar
New user
New user

Greylisting Tarpitting "over the phone" live help

Post by clectcar » 2013-11-30 17:51

I "run" hmail version 5.3.3-B1879. It was installed by someone with much better tech skills. I should probably say in this forum I "use" only certain hmail features like adding a new account.
I am not a true tech wizard.
I have been having lots of inbound Spam problems.
I have tried changing my setting for both Greylisting Tarpitting.
Still get way too much SPAM.

I want to set up a whitelist of about 25-30 emails.
I ONLY want to get email from these 30 email addresses and reject all other email.
Is there an easy way to do this?

Interactive voice instructions? I am looking for a voice Hmail spam prevention lesson? Is there someone who could talk me through this?
I learn much faster in a voice conversation.
I am a Native English speaker in EST in the USA. I THINk this is a 10 minute process.
if I have hmail open and am ready to to make changes.
If I need to download and install the newer 5.4 version I will need to delay the voice call.

I do not know the if I need to use code in this forum?
I have a PayPal account and I believe "you get what you pay for"

Conzi
Normal user
Normal user

Re: Greylisting Tarpitting "over the phone" live help

Post by Conzi » 2013-11-30 18:41

clectcar wrote: I ONLY want to get email from these 30 email addresses and reject all other email.
you can use a rule:

criteria:
from NOT contains address1@
OR
from NOT contains address2@
OR
from NOT contains addressX@

action:
DELETE email

^DooM^
Site Admin

Post by ^DooM^ » 2013-11-30 20:03

Conzi wrote:
clectcar wrote: I ONLY want to get email from these 30 email addresses and reject all other email.
you can use a rule:

criteria:
from NOT contains address1@
OR
from NOT contains address2@
OR
from NOT contains addressX@

action:
DELETE email
That will also restrict users emailing each other from the same domain. If you want your local users to email each other freely without having to add all their email addresses to the rule then you also need a rule at the very top, if recipient list contains @mydomain.com | stop rule processing. this will stop the restriction rule from firing.
If at first you don't succeed, bomb disposal probably isn't for you! ヅ

Conzi
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Conzi » 2013-12-01 00:14

^DooM^ wrote: That will also restrict users emailing each other from the same domain. If you want your local users to email each other freely without having to add all their email addresses to the rule then you also need a rule at the very top, if recipient list contains @mydomain.com | stop rule processing. this will stop the restriction rule from firing.
right.
thank you ^DooM^