Double spam emails forwarded

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
armo
New user
New user

Double spam emails forwarded

Post by armo » 2011-11-17 19:11

Hello Guys;
i have a rule to forward all spam emails to a certain address. The rule is as follows
Custom header: X-hMailServer-Spam
Search type: Equals
Value: Yes

So far it's good. But once i enable spamassassin through hmailserver, i start receiving double copies of the forwarded emails.
I have a totoal five rules on the server
1.No NDR (this deletes any NDR messages to avoid NDR attacks)
2.Stop rule processing when recepient field contains spam@domain.com (which is the address where all spam emails are forwarded)
3.Black listed domains, action delete (I have a manually created list of spam domains)
4.Keywords, action forward to spam@domain.com and delete. (I have a list of manualy created keywords)
5.Spam foward (which is the rule explained at the beginning of the posting)

What am i doing wrong, or is this the normal thing?
Thanks in advance.

^DooM^
Site Admin

Re: Double spam emails forwarded

Post by ^DooM^ » 2011-11-17 21:40

If you have any forwarding GLOBAL rules, you must add a secind criteria "recipient list not contains forward address" else the global rule will be ran for the forwarded message most likely before it's deleted.
If at first you don't succeed, bomb disposal probably isn't for you! ヅ

armo
New user
New user

Post by armo » 2011-11-18 00:02

^DooM^ wrote:If you have any forwarding GLOBAL rules, you must add a secind criteria "recipient list not contains forward address" else the global rule will be ran for the forwarded message most likely before it's deleted.
Thanks Doom;
The only forward rule that i have is the rule number 5. Now i just added what you suggested to the exisitng rule using the And operater, is that right?

^DooM^
Site Admin

Post by ^DooM^ » 2011-11-18 01:19

Correct, so both from AND recipient match. do that funky thang!
If at first you don't succeed, bomb disposal probably isn't for you! ヅ