Hmailserver, ClamAv, SaneSecurity and blocking

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
armo
New user
New user

Hmailserver, ClamAv, SaneSecurity and blocking

Post by armo » 2011-11-04 21:47

Hello there;
I was just wondering if anyone knows how to block certain extensions within archive attachments (ZIP-RAR)? Lately got bombarded with .exe files within zip folders that went through easy.
Currently using latest of hmailserver with Clamav and clamsup with Sanesecurity signatures.
Thanks.

^DooM^
Site Admin

Re: Hmailserver, ClamAv, SaneSecurity and blocking

Post by ^DooM^ » 2011-11-05 13:24

hMail has no ability to block extensions within zip files. You would either need to extract the attachment, unzip it and check (using hmails scripting engine) or use your virus scanner for which you will need to contact their support for help with that.
If at first you don't succeed, bomb disposal probably isn't for you! ヅ

armo
New user
New user

Post by armo » 2011-11-05 16:54

Thanks Doom;
I'm using Clamav tbb along with sanesecurity signatures, i've already contacted Steve Baseford for the matter, but would you please shed some light on how to use the scripting in such a case?

^DooM^
Site Admin

Post by ^DooM^ » 2011-11-06 01:58

There are scripts on this forum that will remove an attachment and store it in a folder, you only need go a step further, extract it and see what it contains and report the result. That assumes you can code in VBS.
If at first you don't succeed, bomb disposal probably isn't for you! ヅ