sending email through hmail from webserver

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
bescher
Normal user
Normal user

sending email through hmail from webserver

Post by bescher » 2011-11-02 09:47

I have a webserver on one machine and hmail (5.4) on another I need to pass a email from a contact form to a outside email address (*.msn) being that I require authentication it doesn't go through. So I thought i would have a admin account and then just forward the from that admin account to the outside address. (The one and only client out of 400) claims he never gets the mail at his outside mail account and refuses to use the account in hmail that was made for him he wants it forwarded to the MSN account
How can I accomplish this?

Thank
Bob E

mattg

Re: sending email through hmail from webserver

Post by mattg » 2011-11-02 12:36

In his hmailserver account, just set a forward to his msn address
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

bescher
Normal user
Normal user

Post by bescher » 2011-11-03 17:08

Hi Matt I have done that over and doublechecked it over and over again and claims he bever gets anything

mattg

Post by mattg » 2011-11-06 14:23

Enable all logging, recreate the whole process, wait 90 seconds (important) and post the logs please.

My guess is one of two things.
1. It is in his SPAM or Junk Mail folder
2. hotmail tell you that they sort of accept it with some error, but never forward it to him
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation