configuration just for external account and imap local acce

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
ricdan
New user
New user

configuration just for external account and imap local acce

Post by ricdan » 2010-01-12 16:28

Dear Friends,
I am not an expert , I have tried to configure and read the manual and topics of the forum but I can't find the right way

I have install hamailserver 5.3
I need just that hmail server download messages from an external account, that i can call info@abc.com, then I want to connect to hmail server from 3 computers of my lan using Imap.

I would like that all the 3 computers can see the folders of the account, using outlook express or windows mail, and everybody can answer to emails and everybody can see the answers and everything about info@abc.com

The server is a windows server 2008 that has ip 192.168.50.5.

Please I would like your help to know exactly what to do and especially to know how to configure the hamail server to make it accessible from the accounts

Thanks and Regards to all of you

ricdan
New user
New user

Re: configuration just for external account and imap local acce

Post by ricdan » 2010-01-13 19:50

Please somebody helps me

sheffters
Senior user
Senior user

Post by sheffters » 2010-01-13 21:46

just put the account details for info@abc.com into all your pc's ... if you use imap then you can have multiple people accessing it without any further config.

S.

ricdan
New user
New user

Post by ricdan » 2010-01-13 23:29

thank you very much for your suggestion.
But how should I configure the hmail server?
how I reach it from the pc?