sending mails from using .net mail component goes to junk

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
sms1878
New user
New user

sending mails from using .net mail component goes to junk

Post by sms1878 » 2009-08-23 03:14

Hi guys,

just upgraded to hms 5.2 from 5.1. the mails i send out using .net mail component goes to spam/junk folder in outlook 2007 using local account.
if i sent mail using outlook. it works fine. any ideas why it happens? i have checked the other threads but could not find any clear solution.

thanks.

Miller

Keba
Normal user
Normal user

Re: sending mails from using .net mail component goes to junk

Post by Keba » 2009-08-23 09:50

It's possible you haven't filled in all the relevant options within the .net mail components when using them.

You have to specify a valid 'from' and 'to' address using both name and email address for example (something Outlook will do automatically even if you only give it an email address). There are a number of options that do need to be filled in - I can't remember them all offhand, but I know last time I had this issue a few years ago when first using the .net mail components, I did a search in Google and found the relevant information to help me fill in the component so that it did get through correctly.
Keba

^DooM^
Site Admin

Re: sending mails from using .net mail component goes to junk

Post by ^DooM^ » 2009-08-23 13:21

Please post in the correct section in future.
If at first you don't succeed, bomb disposal probably isn't for you! ヅ