Check if HMS is used by spammers

Use this forum if you want to suggest a new feature to hMailServer. Before posting, please search the forum to confirm that it has not already been suggested.
agserna
Normal user
Normal user

Check if HMS is used by spammers

Post by agserna » 2013-09-06 13:12

Hello everybody and many thanks to developers and support team.

Would like to have some features to improve spam activity detection, i mean when HMS is used to send spam!!

I know that many of these are available via scripting but the integration in the main engine would give better performance and stability.

So these are the features....

1) In "Status" tab a separate field counter for sent/received messages. In this way the admin can see imediately if message sending is abnormal. Also a list of locked accounts (see point 2).

2) Limit the number of messages per day that an account can send (per account limits) and automatic account lock (only sending) if that limit is reached. Email to admin when an account reach the limit per day and get locked.

3) Ability of separate lock for an account sending or receiving. In this way whyle the account can't send messages (see point 2) the email admin can comunicate to the account mailbox that the account is locked, why is locked and workarounds to get it unlocked such as password change needing, antivirus scan, support contacts and so on.

Surely these few features (i know.... "few" almost always means a lot of work for programmers....) could be very useful to protect our servers and our IP's from blacklistings....

Thanks again.

Bye

percepts
Senior user
Senior user

Re: Check if HMS is used by spammers

Post by percepts » 2013-09-06 14:50

hMailser is written in such a way with COM API and event handling scripts that make all of what you ask possible with alittle scripting. It is expected that a mailserver adminsistrator has a certain level of knowledge and ability to achieve all of this through scripting. Furthermore there are scripts available in scripting forums and contributed scripts that already do much of what you ask for. So if you take the trouble to look and read and learn then you will find a lot of what you want is easily achievable.

Start with following and read all of it and read the contents of the supplied files so you know what its doing.
You can of course edit it to your own requirements.

http://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewto ... 20&t=25092

agserna
Normal user
Normal user

Re: Check if HMS is used by spammers

Post by agserna » 2013-09-07 14:38

Hi Percepts.

Thanks for reply.

I agree with you and as i said in my previous post, i know that these features are available via scripting. I also use your'e script to limit emails sending.

The advantage of integration is for stability and performace and mostly for security. Many users are implementing those scripts when a problem occours so almost alwais too late.

Since server attacks are frequent and a system administrator has oftenly many servers to look after it would be nice to have a system that integrate a protection system natively.

Bye.